CHAPTER 3 (Part 3)

I hear a running footstep.

Just one person. And it's getting closer.

I surprised when that person show up.

"Odasaku-san?!" I shouted. "Why have you come here?"

He replied calmly and no expression, "I hear you crying for help."

Later, while he trying to untie the rope that bounded me, he said that he already know about me being a mafia spy who infiltrated Mimic.

I frowned

That was exactly right. But i'm not only mafia spy, Odasaku-san.

Though i could say it in real time, all i can say just ordering Odasaku-san to run from this place because Mimic has put a time bomb.

However, he didn't listened.

Odasaku-san shot the rope and i'm freed, then he escort me to stand up.

"C'mon, Ango. Let's get out of this place." He said.

Later we run down every staircases to get out of the building.

Odasaku-san ability, called as "Flawless", is the ability to show a few second of the future in his mind. So that he can predict what will happen and avoid the danger in the future.

Like this moment.

Before we step down to the next stairs, he stopped for a while, then hurriedly take other route heading towards a big window.

I hear an explosion behind me.

Odasaku-san shouted, "JUMP!!"

"What?!"

Without thinking any further, we jump and break the window. And almost at the same time, the whole building was exploded.

I and Odasaku-san landed on the ground—luckily—safe and sound.

All my body is staggered. Maybe because of the shocked.

I stared to the exploded building, didn't believe that i'm still alive. If Odasaku-san late to come, i don't think i'm still in this world.

"Are you okay, Ango?"

"Yeah... i'm okay." i replied while i try my staggered body to stand.

I look around and there's only forest.

Odasaku-san questioning me about Mimic, who is Mimic's leader and how far the boss knows about this.

There's no need to lie. Hence, i answered all his question with valid answer.

Along that time, i looked around the forest just to find some of military people's silhouette.

They've come. My colleagues.

I warned Odasaku-san not to fight with Mimic's leader, Andre Gide.

Not long after that, i see a tiny light that blink in the forest behind Odasaku-san

That's the signal.

Right after i saw the tiny light, i suddenly stopped talking and slowly pointed my finger to the forest behind Odasaku-san.

"What is that?" I said.

Odasaku-san turned back to the direction i pointed.

From the dark side of the forest flew a deep blue coloured Temari and it's stopped near Odasaku-san's feet.

Temari.

I know what's Temari symbolizing for. But this Temari was laced by poison. And now Odasaku-san is going to take it.

This is 'the plan'.

Due to Odasaku-san's ability, the success possibility of this plan is 50 : 50.

As mentioned before, his ability is to show a few second of the future.

So if his ability show him that Temari was laced by poison, then he can avoid to take it. If that happens, then my colleagues over there will take the harsh way with using gun on their hands.

But there's another possibility.

The government has done a research about Odasaku-san's ability, which has resulted a lot of interesting information. And for the most interesting information is, if his ability showing that he was already fallen into a trap, then there is no way he can avoid that future.

Along that moment which i felt like forever, just like it has slow motion effect, i see Odasaku-san take the Temari.

He looks realized something, then hurriedly throw the Temari away. However, the poison is already entered his blood. Now Odasaku-san fell to the ground, suffering.

After that, my colleagues comes out from forest with gun steady in hands.

This is...

This is the time i have to back to my true identity.

I walk to the side of my colleagues and turned to face lying down Odasaku-san.

"Odasaku-san..." I said. "If i can be forgiven, i want you, Dazai-kun and i, drink together again. Same time... Same place..."

Hearing my words, suffered Odasaku-san only can stared at me.

With a hopeless smile i said, "Take care!"

Later, I took my leave together with my colleagues, running into the darkness of the forest.

Yes, my body was running. But my heart wants to go back.

Will Odasaku-san be alright? What will happen if his colleagues in mafia not come to save him? Should i call Dazai-kun?

I turned my face to the direction where Odasaku-san belongs.

"You're doing it for the good."

Instantly, i turned my face forward by closing my eyes and frowning.

"We're doing this for justice."

I know!

Then i put more speed to my run. *****