Three.

~ addison pov

"I will meet you there, okay? I promise, I won't even be late!" I was with Mads out for lunch before my appointment this afternoon which was in an hour. Bryce was still at home filming his podcast though, promising he would make it. "It's fine if you can't though baby, I'm with Mads.." I didn't want to rush him, especially when he was working but Bryce wasn't accepting him being absent for an appointment, especially not this appointment.

"Okay, fine! I will see you later then.. I don't want to interrupt you any longer." I said with a smile before hanging up on his facetime call. I looked back at Mads who was texting Jaden, who was actually in Vegas at the moment working on his music. "I love him doing what he loves.. but all I am saying is that he better be here on Sunday for the Gender Reveal." she said, not even joking. I laughed, but assured her that he would never miss that. He was too invested in his uncle duties to miss it, Jaden would get on any flight back in order to be here.

We finished eating and began making our way to my appointment which was across town. As Mads drove, I received a phone call from an unknown number which I almost didn't answer, but I was glad I did. It was Jacob's nurse from his pre-school calling, stating that he was feeling sick and had a fever. I frowned at the thought of my little boy not feeling well, but I wasn't able to pick him up due to my appointment.. I guess Bryce would have to miss it after all.

I didn't have to ask him twice when calling. Even though he was upset about missing my appointment, he knew one of us had to be there for Jacob. He had thankfully finished with his podcast and was able to make his way over. "I'll send pictures, okay!!" I promised him, trying to make him feel better. Bryce never wanted to miss one of my monthly check-ups, but he had no choice with this one.

As we arrived to my doctor's office, she walked us right to the examination room. "No Bryce today?" She asked me. I shook my head, explaining to her that he had to pick up Jacob who wasn't feeling well today. "I'm Bryce for today!" Mads said happily as she took a seat. The doctor laughed, already knowing that she was the excited best friend planning the gender reveal party.

I laid down on her table, already knowing the process as I took off my shirt, only keeping on my sports bra. As she put on the gel to perform the ultrasound, I heard Mads calling someone and soon heard my favorite voice. "Shh, give me a minute." I heard him say.

"Sorry, I was putting Jacob down for a nap.. let me see my girl!" He said, Mads pointing her camera towards me. I smiled as I waved at him, my doctor starting the ultrasound. As she checked out our baby, I quickly asked him about Jacob, being concerned about him as well. But Bryce assured me he was fine, telling me that he had taken him to the Sway House where he gave him medicine and put him down for a nap.

I felt more relaxed knowing that he was at least now with Bryce and being taken care of. I was able to now fully bring my attention to the screen that showed our baby. "I can confirm that I now know the sex of the baby!" I heard my doctor say, totally teasing us. I heard Mads squeal as she couldn't wait to find out either.

"Your baby is very healthy though and is growing at a normal pace!" She said, letting us hear the heartbeat which was always our favorite part. This was the part I always teared up at, hearing the little human inside of you really did something to you.. "This is where Addi begins to cry, hold her hand Mads, you have to!!" Bryce instructed over the phone, making me giggle as I wiped my tears. She stood up next to me, reaching for my hand when I noticed she was also crying. "Oh Mads!!" I pulled her in for a hug instead, my doctor pulling away as we both cried.

"Oh boy.." we heard Bryce over the phone, making us all laugh. As Mads pulled away, my doctor cleaned the gel off of my belly. "I'm just so happy for you two.. that was so surreal being able to hear the heartbeat, thank you for allowing me to be here." She said sweetly, almost making me want to cry again. Mads was just the most supportive friend ever, I was glad to have her here with me.