06

the day was almost over, and hongjoong was heading to the class he hated the most. he drank some coffee this morning and hoped that would keep him awake today but he still wasn't sure if that would help him concentrate.

as he entered the classroom he bowed to his teacher and took his seat. he got out all the materials that the chalkboard said he needed and waited patiently for class to start. when doing so, he realized he had been the first to class.

"you're earlier today mr. kim, you should start being early more often." the teacher says, sending him a smile for once. it kind of creeped him out, to be honest, he thought of just showing up late more.

more students entered, and the class started. hongjoong had actually paid attention today and got some work done, which he was proud of. but he knew deep down it wouldn't last long, and soon he would find himself struggling more.

as he was leaving class, the teacher stopped him. he assumed it was because he was getting another detention, but it seemed to be something much worse.

"hongjoong," she started, and hongjoong cringed again. she called him by his name instead of his surname.

"i have a student in one of my earlier classes, and i asked him if he would tutor you. he said yes almost immediately actually, would you be willing to take the offer?"

it's seonghwa isn't it?

"i'll think about it, mrs. do." she smiled softly, "i would very much like you to take this offer though, i don't want you to fail my class." hongjoong nods in response, "i understand, and i'll consider it. see you tomorrow." she nods, allowing hongjoong to leave. "bye."

hongjoong sighs once he leaves the classroom, "why would anyone say yes to tutoring me?" he questioned, not realizing someone had been waiting right outside the classroom. "why don't you sound happy about that?"

hongjoong's eyes widen, he turns around to see seonghwa approaching him, just who he didn't want to see. "no reason, nothing you need to know at least." he lies, trying to push off the subject but seonghwa doesn't budge. "i think you should take the offer, it could help you."

hongjoong rolled his eyes, "help me? i'd rather fail than get tutored by you." seonghwa smiles, "so you knew?" hongjoong immediately shook his head, "how could I not?"

"you're the only person I could think of, and besides you already offered once." hongjoong said.

"see, you are smart. i think you just don't know when to ask for help, it's okay to struggle sometimes you know." seonghwa says. "me? struggle? i'm fine, see you tomorrow." hongjoong once again pushes seonghwa away and still hasn't made up his mind. he walks away with seonghwa's eyes following him, i'm the stupid one not him.

___________

seonghwa being hongjoong's tutor though 👀👀