[[ 16 ]]

Rewritten: 12/20/2020

[Draco]

"This isn't going to work." snorted Blasie, catching a water bottle as I tossed it to him in the  Quidditch Locker Room.

"What do you mean?" I asked, wrinkling my brow as I tipped my water bottle to my lips.

"She's going to destroy you..." Blasie started, choking on his water a little. "...if you start on her, she'll come back with a fierceness."

"Maybe." I shrugged.

"This is going to blow up in your fucking face..." Blasie pushed, sliding a shirt over his head. "...I want to be there when it happens."

I smirked over at him in disgust. 

"What?" He asked, shrugging, noticing my glare. "Think about it, she's the one that came up with the whole idea of playing you to begin with right?'

"Well, yeah." I nodded as I pulled my pants up my legs.

"What makes you think she won't outsmart this time?" He pushed, rubbing his damp hair.

"Because of something she did yesterday," I pointed at him, and when he answered my half of a sentence with a confused look, I grinned, "she kissed me back."

"She did?" Blasie looked confused. "Interesting."

I paused as we slung our Quidditch bags over our shoulders and started to leave the Locker Room, only to glare at the Hufflepuffs as they replaced us in the Locker Room. 

"What?" I squinted at him in confusion.

"Well, nice bet and all -" Blasie admitted, up front. "- but with this bet in place, how can you tell whats real and whats not?"

"Good point." I smirked, looking down at my feet. "The point is, we don't know - until it comes time to try and break the other's heart."

"Yeah, you say that now...but you agreed to really try." Blasie pointed out.

"I'm a Malfoy, A Slytherin - I don't play the rules." I giggled, straightening my shirt.

"You're so stereotypical." Blasie gritted through his teeth as we appeared in the entrance hall. "This will go up in flames, I just don't want to miss it."

"You just don't want to miss because you have a thing for her," I pointed out, causing him to stop short. "it's true, isn't it?"

"Yeah, but no need to say it out loud." Blasie shed me.

"You took her out on a date, I think it's as out as it's going to get." I giggled as I was suddenly stopped by two small, warm fainne hands embracing my chest from behind, and for a moment I enjoyed it, but with wide eyes and a glance at my impressed looking best mate, I was shoved against the wall. "What the fuck -?"

Lips caught mine.

Hell yeah, I kissed back.

I remembered that taste.

She shoved her lips deeper into mine and then as I opened my eyes, I sighed into the kiss at the sight of Marie.

I dropped my bag and wrapped my arms around her waste and tried to deepen the kiss, only for her to pull away slightly, but without stopping the kiss.

I froze a moment, but let her take control.

She pulled away, just enough to sink her teeth into my lower lip, but not too deep, it was just enough to spark something that echoed through my entire body.

"Fuck..."I gasped, as she pulled away completely. 

"I'm the one in control." Baie whispered, as she took my chin into her hand, booped my nose with her index finger, and kissed me so swiftly and added, "Prove me wrong, baby."

 And with that, she strutted away with Star and Haven on either arm. 

"Game on." I winked after her, then caught Blasie's longing expression and had an overwhelming sense of pride come over me. "Fuck..." I sighed, out of breath.