Chapter 14:The Avatar and Ai State

I whimper softly as Aang climbs out of the hammock we shared and left the room. I sat up and followed him.

     "Aang. Do you want to talk about it?" I whisper as I wrap my arms around him from behind resting my head against his shoulder blade. He relaxed at my touch.

    "Nah, just a nightmare. I was in the Avatar State, but I was outside my body watching myself. It was scary. I was scary." I moved to the front of him and kissed him lightly.

   "I think you look hot." His face turned bright red and he shook his head. I smiled. He picked me up and carried me back to the hammock where I slept the rest of the night.

    To soon, it seemed, Aang and I walked upstairs and saw Pakku  with two Water Tribe members and the siblings. We join them.

"Katara, I want you to have this. This amulet contains water from the Spirit Oasis. The water has unique properties. Don't lose it." Katara accepts the amulet and hugs Pakku.

"Thank you, Master Pakku."

"Aang, these scrolls will help you master waterbending. But remember, they're no substitute for a real master." Aang looks up at Katara, who is sitting on Appa and then to me. "Sokka ..." Pakku pats him on shoulder, leaving him dismayed. "take care, son." To the entire gang while pointing out in a direction. "Fly straight to the Earth Kingdom base to the east of here. General Fong will provide you with an escort to Omashu. There, you will be safe to begin your earthbending training with King Bumi."

     "Ai Eve. You were my best student. Take care." He gave me an amulet similar to Katara's and a scroll. Along with a note, with Yue's hair clip.

"Appa, yip yip!"

"Say hi to Gran-Gran for me!" Katara yells as we fly off. I look at Aang and held Yue's hair clip. I smiled softly and let a tear slide down my cheek before I went to Aang.

    "Hello beautiful." I smiled. "Don't cry, she wouldn't want you to cry." I nodded softly and held her clip in my hand before I put my hair into a half up half down with her clip as the ponytail.

     "Eve." I look up at Sokka. "Can you still talk to her?"

    "We'd have to wait until night fall to find out, I'm sorry Sokka." He nodded and moved to the back of the saddle.

    We had flown for a good couple of hours before Sokka pointed and yelled, directly in my ear might I add.

    "There it is!"  We arrive at General Fong's base, where he and his soldiers are waiting.

"Welcome, Avatar Aang! Ai Evangelical! I am General Fong, and welcome, to all of you great heroes! Appa, Momo, brave Sokka, the mighty Katara ..."

"Mighty Katara? I like that." Fireworks go off, launched by the soldiers using earthbending.

"Not bad, not bad." I giggled as Sokka watched the fire works go off. "Eve's ice thing was better."

    Soon we were led inside where General Fong and the team are sitting in a spacious discussion room.

"Avatar Aang, we were all amazed at the stories of how you singlehandedly wiped out an entire Fire Navy fleet at the North Pole." I look at Fong as he starts stroking his beard. "I can't imagine what it feels like to wield such devastating power. It's an awesome responsibility."

    "I try not to think about it to much." Aang shift slightly under me and I sigh.

    "Avatar, you're ready to face the Fire Lord now." I sat forward flabbergasted.