Chapter 2

I had practically jumped out of my brother's arms when he told me that we were already at our father's home. Since then I've tried my hardest to avoid everyone in my family, especially my father.

I had been sitting inside the closet, with Fall Out Boy blaring from my headphones. Not really keeping track of time, I practically fell asleep when the closet door opened, revealing a very pissed off mother.

Her arms crossed against her chest she squinted her eyes at me almost in a threatening way. "I have been looking everywhere for you Julia Elizabeth Henderson!"

"So?" I replied pretending that I didn't care, when really I was freaking out on the inside.

"So? It means that I thought that-... Just I was worried Julia." She said, her arms uncrossing.

She sat herself next to me, "Julia, I just care about you."

"No, she doesn't. When has she ever cared about you?"

"I know, Mom. I'm sorry; I'll try my best to not do that again." I lied.

"I love you." She said pulling me into a small embrace. Shocked by what she said, I almost choked on the air.

"I love you too?"

Kissing the top of my head, she stood up. "Come downstairs in a little bit or whenever you're ready but you do have to be downstairs for dinner."

"Okay."

The minute she was out of the room, I got out of the closet settling on the Queen sized bed. My hand ran over the small designs on the comforter.

I opened one of the suitcases looking for a fresh set of clothing. Looking through the suitcase, I finally decided on a black tank top, with a purple looking skirt stopping around my knees, and a lacy white cardigan.

I stepped out into the hallway, looking for a bathroom. About five minutes later, I finally found one all the way at the end of the hallway.

I closed the door behind me. Placing my clothes on the marble counter, I pulled out a small metal blade wrapped in tape from my back pocket of my shorts.

I stripped down to just my undergarments, letting my dirty clothes drop to the tiled floor. I sat down on the floor, slowly unwrapping the small but sharp blade from the tape.

Once all the tape was gone, the blade rested in the palm of my hand. Staring at it for a few minutes, not realizing that I was gripping it quite hard, making my palm bleed.

I quickly got up and rinsed my hand under cold water, putting pressure on the wound. I felt the small sting of the cut, bringing a sense of familiarity to me.

Sitting back down, I pressed the blade to my wrist; applying some pressure on my skin. A small trickle of blood made it way down my arm, landing in a small drip on my bare legs.

Allowing the blade to go even deeper than before, I felt relieved and so much better than before. Doing that a few more times, I smiled to myself.

With a smile still on my face I stepped into the shower. Letting the cold water run down my skin.

I practically bounced down the hallway back to "my" room. Knowing that I would probably get a scolding from both of my parents, if I didn't show up soon downstairs.

I made my way down a set of spiraled stairs, the house fascinating me with its in create details. Trying to find everyone, I ventured around the house.

Finally making my way around to the living room, the kitchen just on the other side of room I sighed seeing my mother sitting at the table, drinking coffee.