XXIII

"What!? You can see Yoongi!?" I question at the same time as Yoongi asks. "How can you see me?"

Eonjin looks at me confused. "Nyssa what is happening?" She lets go of Taehyung and turns completely to me when I don't immediately respond. "I. I don't know. How can Taehyung see Yoongi. How can he hear Yoongi. Jin can't see him. Hoseok can't either. Joonie can but it took a while. I'm so confused."

Yoongi walks quietly over to the crying Taehyung. "Can you really see me?" I can tell tears are forming in his eyes as well.

"Yoongi is supposed to be dead. Care to explain why your talking about him like he's not?" Eonjin is getting irritated.

"Yoongi is dead. He's just a ghost and for some unknown reason. Your brother, Namjoon and I can see and hear him." I explain in the symplest way possible still trying to understand.

What did Yoongi touch before? "You really want me to believe that nonsense?" She snapped raising her voice slightly, making me flinch.

"Eon." Taehyung says as Yoongi walks twords the girl. Grabbing my phone off the couch and typing on it.

I'm not sure what he said but whatever it is made her whole demeanor change. "Seriously?" Yoongi starts typing again. This would be much easier if I knew why Taehyung can see Yoongi.

The other guy walks back out. "Bro why are you crying? Eonjin said that the mystery girl isn't her girlfriend."

I'm not really even sure if he touched anything with his bare hands other than Yeontan.

Just than in all the craziness realization hit me like a semi truck on a freeway. Carefully moving Yeontan off of my lap. Snatching my phone from Yoongi's hands.

No signal

"Damnit the Storm must have damaged a service tower or something." I grumble handing the device back to him. Placing my hands on his shoulders.

"Yoongi the magic pen. The first day I moved here. Did you give me something, jokingly or otherwise?"

"Uuuuuuuu. Nyssa how am I supposed to remember that?" Yoongi asks. "Think Yoongi please. Use that genius brain of yours."

The room falls silent. The quiet only being brocken by the fith person in the room. Gyu. "I thought that you were out of the crazy friends faze."

"Ah Gyu go back to hibernating in your room." She says pushing him down the hallway. "Ya I when I heard you singing, I remember thinking that whoever was signing has a beautiful voice and I would give them anything."

"That's it. That's why I can see you. Why Taehyung can see you. Why Joon can see you. Because you gave us the thing you touched. For Taehyung is was Yeontan, Joonie it was the pen, and for me it could have been anything in that house." I say happily finally figuring it out.

"Guys, can I have an explanation as to what is happening right now?" Taehyung asks no longer crying and just confused.

I look over at Yoongi. "You wanna do the honers this time?"

----
5 years ago
----

‼️‼️WARNING‼️‼️

I wobble unsteadily into my pathetic apartment. One bedroom one bathroom. The living room is the size of my old bedroom.

I struggle to get my key into the lock. Why is the hole running away? I push to door open and the room starts spinning. I walk in carefully and close the door behind me.

Falling down on my couch. One leg over the armrest the other on the floor. I look around the depressing room. Finding a bottle of something. I grab it and without checking what it is drinking it.

Flat beer

Continuing to drink it despite all the fun bubbles having disappeared. Taehyung is probably gonna come over to check on me soon. Like he does every day. Why's he waste his time on me?

I'm worthless.

I ignore the hot tears running down my face and frown at the now empty beer bottle.

My head pounds as I get up. The room starting to spin again. Clumsily making my way to the kitchen opening up my fridge that seems to shrink every time I look at it.

Opening the black box and grabbing a large glass bottle. And what looks like a can of coke. Why's it so tall though?

I sit down on the kitchen floor and crack open the coke can and taking the cap off of the bottle.

Taking a swig of the bottle finding out that it's Vodka. Scrunching up my face at the flavor of it. Chasing it with the coke only to find out that it's not coke.

Some sort of energy drink.

I shrug and continue drinking.

----
Taehyung's pov
----

I knock on the familiar apartment door. Scowling at the people that look like thugs walking past me. Why does he choose to live here?

If he doesn't wanna go home at least buy a decent apartment. It's not like he's lacking in money. Though he might start if he spends it all on alcohol.

I can smell it from outside his apartment. Vodka. Some strong stuff at that. Just the smell burns my nose.

I sigh he's probably too drunk to realize that I knocked. Pulling out my spare key I made him give me for this exact reason.

Opening the door and having to cover my nose from the smell. My god, how does he live like this? Dirty clothes all over the place beer bottles might as well be the floor.

Instant ramen packaged mixed in with the bottles. At least he's eating now. I look around finding him in the kitchen on the floor.

Greece hair and unshaved stubble. I walk over to him and notice two red bull cans empty and one-half full. Only a few swallows left in a vodka bottle.

"Come on man. Let get you sobered up." I say hoping that he would wake up to make things easier for me.

Just my luck he's out bad. Not even waking up from me lightly slapping his face. I sigh and pick him up.

He's so thin from not eating that I can feel his bones. He weighs about 50 pounds less than he should.

I carry him to his bedroom and lay him down on the bed. Starting in the bedroom I pick up all the dirty clothes. Starting to clean.

Wondering how many bars he got kicked out of before coming here. I wouldn't even call this apartment a home.

Looking over at my sleeping friend. I get it he blames himself for what happened. We all do. But you don't have to throw yourself away.

I continue to clean up his house. Hours pass and I'm finally done folding his clothes and putting them away. All the trash is cleaned out and I even got rid of all the alcohol bottles that he didn't get to.

I smile proudly at myself going to check on the sleeping man once again before I leave. I've already written him a note. And left antibiotics next to his desk with 20 dollars to go get a decent breakfast.

I push his hair out of the way of his face. And I noticed something horrifying. His breathing. Normally when he is like this his breathing is really soft like he's sleeping. But right now it is heavy like he just finished a hard workout.

It took me less than a minute to call an ambulance and explain everything to them.

"Damnit Jungkookie, are you trying to hurt me?"