amortentia.

y/n pov * ◌༉‧

"hurry up!" scarlett yells down the halls.

"i'm trying!" i yell back.

we were late for potions class because scarlett took so long getting ready. as we ran, i heard loud footsteps behind us.

"wait!" a familiar voice called out. we turned around to see ron and harry also running to catch up with us.

"can you guys hurry?" i yelled, and the four of us sprinted to class, out of breath.

"welcome! books over there, and come right over here," professor slughorn instructed.

we walked over to where the books were. i picked up one with all the notes and writings, and we all fought over it until harry managed to grab it. i playfully flicked his forehead before walking away, watching him rub the spot and pout.

i stood next to scarlett and glanced at draco, who was staring at me. i'd had a crush on draco since last year but never had the courage to talk to him.

"today, we're going to brew amortentia. i'm going to pair you guys up, so let's get started!" professor slughorn announced.

"heart and potter," he called, and they went to a table.

"weasley and granger." then he said the words i didn't want to hear, "malfoy and y/l/n." i froze, looking at him as he smiled at me.

i followed draco to the table.

"so, y/l/n, i saw you staring back at me," he said.

"what? no, you stared at me first," i replied.

he chuckled as we gathered the ingredients and started mixing. i was reading the book.

"merlin," i said, closing it. he looked at me.

"trouble there?" he asked. i nodded.

"i'm almost done, so don't worry too much," he reassured me. i nodded, smiling while he mixed everything together.

"all right, i'm done," draco said.

"great, smell it!" professor slughorn said.

"ladies first." draco smirked.

i playfully pushed him away and leaned in to smell the amortentia.

"it smells like green apples, vanilla, and some expensive cologne," i said.

"draco, go ahead," professor slughorn instructed. draco leaned in to smell it.

"chocolate bar, vanilla body mist, and cinnamon," he said.

i had put on vanilla body mist today. no way! i checked my pocket.

"y/l/n," draco said.

"yes?" i responded with a forced smile.

"you smell like vanilla body mist," he said.

"no, wrong person," i replied with another fake smile.

"yes." he came closer, sniffing my robe. "and you ate a chocolate bar earlier this morning!" he exclaimed.

"class dismissed!" professor slughorn called out.

i ran off, grabbing scarlett's hand as we headed to the ravenclaw common room.

"hey!" scarlett said, running with me.

"hurry, say the password," i urged.

she recited the password, and we rushed inside.

"what happened?" she asked.

"draco smelled me in the amortentia," i told her.

"no way!" she squealed.

"this is your chance, y/n! it's the only chance to get with him," she said excitedly.

"but i'm a ravenclaw," i replied.

"do houses really matter?" she asked, pouting. i shrugged.

"come on, we have to change," she said, pushing me out of the common room. i sighed and walked off.

i wandered around the castle, passing by the slytherin common room. the door opened, and i peeked inside before turning to head back to my common room. suddenly, i felt someone dragging me inside.

everything was green, and i immediately knew who it was from the familiar cologne.

"what is it, draco?" i asked.

"why'd you run away?" he asked, pushing me onto the couch.

"it's nothing," i said, looking away.

"i know you smelled me in potions class," he said.

"so what?" i replied, giving up.

"i know you like me," he said.

"how do you know?" i asked, standing up.

"scarlett. she told me everything," he winked.

"i hate you," i sighed, rubbing my face.

"i like you too," he said.