6

p.o.v : unknown

03:26

the face looking back at me i knew but i also didn't. 

a pale face and red whites around my eyes made me look like a madman. i couldn't recognize the person before me. yet i could.

i haven't been able to sleep lately because of my father's shouting. it was excessive and i could tell it was getting to me. 

i stopped most of my father's abuse towards my mother. while i was at school, however, he was free to do what he wanted with her. 

despite everything, my mother was so tender and loving towards me. deep down, i knew i was the reason she was still with him. sure, we'd tried to leave plenty of times but he tracked us down and dragged us back. 

as my punishment, he would make me watch while he beat on her.

a repulsive feeling went through my body, making my lip curl up as i continued gazing at myself.

she deserved it, a dark voice whispered. she tried to take you away, only caring for herself.

i shook my head, squeezing my eyes shut tightly. i slapped my cheeks, shaking my head. it was only my imagination. 

this is what i told myself all night. 

the truth is though, even as i partially rested my racing mind to sleep, i knew it was something else.

----

A/N : please refer to the picture for an example of this mysterious character.