ᴋᴏʀᴇᴀʙᴏᴏ (6)

SEVENTEEN's Jin-Ae Talks About Her Group's Growing Popularity, What She Is Thankful For, And Her Studies

🇳​​​​​🇪​​​​​🇼​​​​​🇸​​​​​                                                                                                               🇯​​​​​🇴​​​​​🇾​​​​​ 🇸​​​​​🇴​​​​​🇳​​​​​🇬​​​​​ 

                                                                                                                     🇦​​​​​🇺​​​​​🇬​​​​​🇺​​​​​🇸​​​​​🇹​​​​​ 6, 2018

​  

SEVENTEEN's  Jin-Ae has been chosen as the muse for ALLURE Korea's August 2018 issue. In this issue, she held a fierce photoshoot wearing leather black with a mature look. She also sat down for a small interview to get to know her better.

It's been 3 years since SEVENTEEN has debuted. How do you feel knowing that you came a long way?

"It feels really great to see our hard work paying off very well. People have accepted us well especially me. It so amazing to see fans appreciate what we present to them."

Since debut, have you noticed a change in your overall self?

"I think there is a lot of things that changed in me such as I became more carefree because back then, I would worry about things such as, would I be able to do this, can I keep up, or would the fans like it? But then my members would always assure me to let things flow just the way it is and have trust in myself. I am also expressive in a way that I am not bottling up what I feel inside and at least let someone know about it or convey it through what I'm good at which is filmmaking and dancing."

Fans said that you are currently studying right now to finish and get your degree in Cinematography. What has been hard for you as an idol and a student?

"Maybe the balancing of the schedule? There are times where the group would appear on TV shows or music shows but I can't because we would have a test on that day. The projects are not that hard because I have the members who are always willing to help."

What is your advice to the students who are also aspiring idols?

"Balance those two things. If one outweighs the other, then you might fail on the other one. Do not just exert your everything on one thing at a time. Pay equal attention to both things if you want to become successful in those two aspects. Lastly, never not ask for help. Let others aid you in what you need. In that way, you can achieve more."

You are known as the idol who knows a lot of dance types. How did you manage to learn all that in just 23 years?

"My parents would always encourage my brother and I to do what we want or discover a lot of things as a way to prepare ourselves for what the future has in store for us. Out of all the extracurriculars I have  done in my life, I did a lot with dancing. Dancing was my other form of happiness, indulgence, and way to express myself."

SEVENTEEN is becoming very famous globally. What are the things that you are thankful for in the last 3 years and the upcoming years in your career?

"I'm very thankful for the fans who are always spreading our name and what we are good at to other people. Without them, we wouldn't be where we are right now."