Letter

(A/N: this is the longest one shot I've written.. but anyways, enjoy~)

Gilbert's POV:

My wife and my awesome self are up in the attic of our manor in our work clothes...

My wife picking up numerous scattered objects on the cold, dusty floor whilst I helped in carrying boxes full of documents, books, music sheets and even those duty clothes, when something caught my attention from the corner of my crimson eyes.

As I gently set down the pile of boxes from my muscular arms and onto the floor, I knelt down in front of an old-looking velvet box? I dont know what hue is it, considering the faded marks seen on it. Where was I? Oh, ja...

As I said... Atop those, sat a beautiful ivory-like colored letter, adorned with some sort of nature theme? as a design and it is elegantly wrapped with a pale silky ribbon and sealed with a wax kind of top with same design.

As I picked up the letter and softly grazed my fingers on it, I felt mein wife's presence behind me.

I turned around for awhile to look at him, what greeted me the most is his confused look that dawned on his face, eyebrows raised and lips curved into a thin line.

 I can hear him mutter some curses and starts to pout at me and asked.

"Dear, we're not done cleaning yet.. Mein Gott.. what are you even doing, and sitting there on the dusty floor?! It'll took difficulty on washing that dirt off your clothes, you idiotic husband!"

"Kesesesese~ I found this on the pile, wifey.. it looks interesting so I picked it up.. and it turns out this letter didnt age like the others..."

"Dummkopft...."

I can hear him huff and mutters again in his monotone voice, so I beckoned him over to seat beside me, rolling mein eyes at my wife's drama and attempts to brush off the dust off his pants, and he reluctantly obliged and starts to whine about again.

"this better be not one of your idiotic schemes again, Gilbert. Or i swear, you'll be sleeping on the couch"

"Oh the sass~ Kesessese~"

I pulled  him close to me and waved the letter, showing one of my signature smile at my wife.

"you called me... just for that?! you idiot.."

"aww~ you're cute when you're mad, liebling~"

He softly glared at me, pinching my cheek in the process and  urged me to open the letter, so I obliged.

"wait... that letter looks familiar, Gil.."

"That's 'cause I'm the one who gave it to you when we're in middle school"

"shush mein husband.. just read it.. bitte.."

"ja.. okay.. dont get your panties in a twist, Roddy.. kesesese~"

I was right, the letter was wrote by me as I confess my 'undying love' for roddy when we're in middle school.

The letter goes like this:

"To my dearest Edelweiss,

         We may belong to two different worlds, always fought from silly things and hating each other's guts from the past... 

But,

Being able to meet you, to know you better...

I began to fall deeply and in love with you....

You are my world and will always be, "my love"

Thank you for being able to keep up with me for the past decades....

From being enemies, to rivals, to friends, and now, as a lover...

You fit so gracefully in my arms and with me holding you against my chest, makes my heart flutter all the more...

You made me happy... I love you, Austria...

With love, Prussia"

My cheeks reddened after I read the letter and as I turned my head to look beside my wife, he too had a blush creeping up both his cheeks and ears.

Despite the slightly embarrassed look in both our faces, my wife tilt his head and kissed me, smiling brightly.

The awesome me pulled him against my arms, peppering his face with kisses, hearing his cute giggles.

After a while of having our intimate moment, I stretched my hand towards mein wife and cooed.

"mein prinzessin, take my hand~ take my whole life too~ for I cant help~ Falling in love with you~"

"You big dork~ Ich liebe dich~"

"Ich liebe dich auch~"

He took my hand, entwining his and I's fingers together and we smiled and both left the room.

All was left but the still cold and dusty attic and a familiar opened letter that now sat on top of the pile...-

-amidst the dust lingering underneath it...