Edelweiss

(A/N:
I have an edelweiss song on my phone in a piano & violin so... I decided to make a one-shot out of it... Edelweiss is a national flower of Austria if I'm not mistaken, growing in the Alps...
Also, for Gilbert... Roderich is like an edelweiss flower- strong, noble, and perfect... Anyway, hope you like this!)

3rd person's POV:

Today was a lazy day in the Beildschmidt manor, especially for both Prussia and Austria.

They decided to play some tune together- a familiar song 'Edelweiss', Austria's national flower; Gilbert on a piano and Roderich on a violin.

And so, the couple starts to play it; both smiling and has a twinkle of love in their eyes- crimson met amethyst.

"Edelweiss, Edelweiss~

Every morning you greet me~"

Hence, they played with eyes closed and got lost in their thoughts. Remembering all the memories they have with each other- from the day they met..

"Small and white, clean and bright~
You look happy to meet me~"

To the many hours they spent arguing with each other, fighting about silly things and that day when one is a knight to a prince.

"Blossom of snow

may you bloom and grow~"

To the times when one is crying and one is in pain, that they managed to try and heal each other, to comfort one another and accepted each other's flaws and imperfections.

"Bloom and grow forever~"

From acquintances to friends, they shared what they experienced- the war, what they've been through and the scars that embedded deep in their skin, showed how much pain and hardships they've face.

"Edelweiss, Edelweiss~"

From friends to lovers, when they moved in together and spent their whole life as a couple.

"Bless my homeland forever~"

From lovers to married life as husband and wife, to have Edwin (Kugelmugel) as their child and as a family of Awesome. Sharing and making more memories together, supporting each other, took good care of each other and being there for each other when they were needed the most.

"Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Every morning you greet me~

Small and white, clean and bright
You look happy to meet me~

Blossom of snow
may you bloom and grow~

Bloom and grow forever~

Edelweiss, Edelweiss~

Bless my homeland forever~"

When the last note ended, the couple both opened their eyes as happy tears rolled out their cheeks and smiled.

Roderich however sniffled, setting his violin aside and place it on top of the piano before he turned to jump on his Prussian's arms, giggling and smiling all the more.

Gilbert caught his Austrian, wrapping his arms around his wife's waist and chuckled lightly even with tears continuously rolling down his pale cheeks.

He then leaned closer to his Roddy, his prissy and perfect wife and linked their foreheads together as Roderich giggled happily once more, amidst the tears.

Crimson met amethyst and both men smiled once more, before Gilbert kissed Roderich passionately pouring all the love he had for the other; Roderich wrapped his arms around his Gil's neck as he kissed back, both their eyes closed.

A few seconds later, they pulled away and Gilbert booped his Edelweiss' nose to his and softly replied, lip quivering as he grinned.

"Ich liebe dich so much, Roderich... You made me the happiest man and with you and Edwin, our son.... I felt so lucky to have you, mein Edelweiss~"

"Ich... Ich liebe dich auch, Gilbert... I... I am lucky to have you and Edwin too... You both are my stars... The ones whom lit me up... Because without you and Edwin, I'll be so lost... I dont know what I would do... If I... any of you...-"

"Shhh~ It's gonna be fine, Prinzessin.... You got me and Edwin.... We love you"

"Till the ends of time?"

"Ja, till the ends of time... Mein Edelweiss~"