6. Deja Vu

Richa was loosing hope day by day. she never was a positive person to start with, Rudra was the one who keeps her mind and heart willing to have a positive attitude. So without Rudra by her side she was loosing her positive approach too. It's been 8 months since the accident and Rudra's condition is still the same.

Richa entered the library and took her seat, she opened the computer on her desk and started to check the entries of new books, arrived a day before.

Someone cleared their throat to gain the attention of the librarian, Richa looked up at the person standing in front of her desk and asked

"May I help you sir"

"Yes, can you help me to find a book "

"Which one sir"

"Justice, from Williams Galsworthy"

Richa nodded and stood up to search the book, she knows very well where was that book because that's her favourite Novel.Rudra gifted her that when they were friends, on her birthday and she fell in love with the story. It was Rudra's favourite too.
She was surprised that someone asked for that Novel after a long period of time because it was an old one and a very tragic love story, so rearly someone asked for it.

She found the Novel and gave it to the man standing behind her. He thanked her, looking into her eyes, Richa saw a look of familiarity in the eyes staring at her. She just gave him a tight lipped  smile and walked away, towards her desk to complete her work, she has to go to the hospital to see Rudra after her work. So she has to complete all the entries of new books by the evening.

When she was working on the computer she felt someone's eyes on her, she looked around and found the same man who asked for her favourite Novel, staring at her, when their eyes met his face lit up with a charming smile. She found herself smiling back before she realised what she was doing, she was confused why that man was smiling at her and why she smiled back and the strangest thing was that, that the man was a complete stranger for her but somehow he felt familiar.
She shook her head to clear her thoughts and continue her work.

After sometime she was engrossed in her work when someone cleared their throat to gain her attention, again.
It was the same man....

" Can I borrow this book for few days"

" Sure, Do you have a membership card"

"No"

"Are you new here"

"Yes"  he replied with a knowing smile and Richa was confused with that smile

"I just shifted back in India from Singapore, last week " he continues

"Then you have to get a membership card and pay the fees "

"OK " 

he said and open his wallet and gave her the exact amount.
she was confused again....

"You said you are new here, so how do you know the fees of a membership card of this Library ?? "

She saw a shocked expression in his eyes for a few seconds but then there was that knowing smile on his face again...

"I know a lot about this library "

"Were you a member before ?? "

"No, but I was familiar with the librarian"    he said looking straight in her eyes.

Richa got confused again because it was a new opend library, and she was the first librarian here.

She thought that the man was trying to flirt with her, so she kept her expression professional and took the money from him to make a membership card for him.