Day 1: First Impressions

The Arrival

After months of preparation, I had arrived. It was finally time to start my Love Island Journey, time for my summer of love! The Jeep pulled up, I got out and looked at my home for the next month. The villa was massive, bigger than any house I've ever seen. I was amazed. I headed into the villa and made my way outside to the pool area, another girl arrived at the same time as me. I was so excited to see someone...
I blurted out to her, "Hi, I'm Gianna".

"Hi, I'm Allergra. It's so good to meet you!"

We started chatting waiting for the other girls to arrive, we talked a little bit about ourselves. I learned Allegra was 24 and a cocktail entrepreneur. I'd never heard of a cocktail entrepreneur before so I asked her what that meant.

She gave me the stink eye before replying, "I create my own cocktails and share them with the world, I'm a drink influencer".

"So you're a bartender", I asked.

She rolled her eyes and me... "It's not just bartending, it's so much more than that, it's cultural, you wouldn't understand."

As Allegra finished  telling me all about it, another girl walked up...

"Hi, my name is Erikah." She gave us both hugs. She seemed really nice, I had a feeling we were going to be friends. Since I'd already heard all about Allegra and decided to ask Erikah to tell us about herself.

"So Erikah, what kind of guy do you want to find here?"

"Oh I don't really have a type, I'm all about the surprise, but he has to be fun, ya know someone who I can just be watching TV with chatting and having a good laugh."

I didn't really understand what she meant by the surprise, was that her way of saying he has to be well endowed?

Allegra and I both replied, "Ya I agree, banter and a fun personality is a must."

Erikah asked me, "what was I after in the villa?"

"Love of course, it's the name of the game."

Allegra agreed with me but Erikah wanted to make sure we had fun in the villa too. Allegra said for her it was all about new beginnings, she had just come out of a long relationship, she found her boyfriend cheating on her with his personal trainer. Erikah and I both exchanged glances, we didn't know what to say. The tension was broken when another girl walked in.

"Hi girls, I'm Jen".

As soon as I saw her I thought to myself,  wow she's gorgeous,she is definitely going to be my competition.

She walked elegantly towards us, and said, "we're all looking for love, right?."

Erikah replied, "we were just talking about it and we all said the same thing."

Another girl strolled in across the garden towards us, swinging her hips and looking at everybody in turn, "Hi guys, I'm Talia." Her gaze seemed to linger on me longer than the rest of the girls, I noticed her looking and flashed her my best smile.

Jen spoke next, "oh my god, I want to know all about you guys!" She started asking us all tons of questions, it felt like we were being interviewed. We started sipping on some champagne as Jen kept questioning us..she turned to me and said, "what about you Gianna, what kind of body does your ideal man have?"

"Tall dark and handsome, ya know someone with dark eyes, a strong jaw, body like a Greek statue." Talia seemed to like my taste in men, she agreed she would get with someone like that.

"Well, what about their personality?" Jen continued to question...

"They have to be well rounded, I like someone who can make me laugh but also someone who is thoughtful and romantic," i said this as I shrugged my shoulders, "I've yet to find a guy who met my standards, hence why I'm still single. "