* Preface *

This story offers an explanation to seemingly unrelated and unsolved real-life mysteries from worlds apart.

Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.

Flannan Isles are located off the coast of Scotland. One of the islets is Eileen Mor, home to the infamous lighthouse, where in December of 1900 three lighthouse keepers disappeared, leaving cryptic clues behind. No bodies were ever found.  Explaining their disappearance as a mere accident is plausible, but why would the circumstances be so strange? Why would three experienced keepers vanish during calm weather? Their journal entries describe them praying for the evil storm to leave them alone. What storm? What evil?

You can't blame people for seeking answers.

Add to this another unexplained mystery.

Image courtesy of Andy Arthur on Flickr

Deep in the heart of Vermont, lies a forest obscured in myths, dubbed as the Bennington Triangle. The area encompasses a few small towns surrounding the Glastenbury Mountain. Founded during the boom of logging industry, the towns are now abandoned with only few residents remaining. In a span of five years, five disappearances were reported, of which only one body was recovered years later. Cause of death couldn't be determined, and the cases were never solved.

A little island on harsh, cold sea, and a scenic forest, beloved by the hardened hikers - two mysterious sites where people disappear without a trace. Do they have something else in common?