79

~~~

"Bath or shower? Your call." Kei questioned me when we entered the bathroom and I shivered uncontrollably.

I opened my mouth, then closed it because my drowsy body couldn't muster up the energy to do anything but hold myself and whimper—waiting for some kind of warmth and care.

During our fatiguing walk back home, I found each trudge getting heavier and my enclosings continuously drooping. Not to mention the antagonizing amount of sneezes that attacked me almost every 4 minutes at a time.

When we opened the front door, Kei immediately threw our empty hot cocoas in the trash and tugged me to the bathroom. Akiteru didn't question our strange entrance, only shouted 'be quick or dinner will get cold!' Towards us.

I sniffled, tightening the grasp I held around my waist and hunched forward. "..b-bath..."

Kei was already arched over the tub, feeling the water's temperature as it flushed out into his bath. "I feel sorta guilty... encouraging you to stay in that weather." he casually adjusted the knob with an diverted look. "..forgot your immune system is absolute shit." The blond snickered, turning to face my languid, clenched expression.

My eyes squeezed shut and I audibly began to convulse and take jagged breaths, wanting nothing but to rid myself of this horrid sensation.

Before I knew it, chilly fingers pulled at the hem of my shirt. "Arms up." Kei demanded softly and waited for my palpitating elbows and fingers to unwind and rise. In the blink of an eye, my deluged pullover was stripped off.

A crisp, unwanted coat of air hit my bare torso and shoulders, forcing a tiny yelp and my frame to heave into anything that could insulate and warm me—Kei's tall figure is what I snuggled into and he laughed amusingly, gripping my shoulders to pull me in closer.

"I can do this all day, but I'm sure a hot bath would be more sufficient in warming you up" he muttered, slipping those frigid thumbs in circular motions around my shoulders.

The slapping of clean water against the porcelain floor of his tub began to numb out and my body shuddered deeper into Kei's comforting hold—anticipating a heavy drowsiness to wash over my lidded eyes and fluttering shoulders.

Before a much needed rest could commence, those massaging thumbs rubbing my shoulders slowed into a halt and the dull weight I pressed against the blonds refreshing aroma was delicately pulled back. "Beautiful." He whispered lethargically, almost secretly under his breath.

I pulled a confused expression towards the sudden words of Kei, wondering what compelled him to be so sappy. "What.." I halfheartedly questioned the taller boy, an obvious sleepy tone in my voice as I was still on the verge of passing out.

He didn't respond, only lowered himself to plant kisses on my cheeks and up my nose. I melted into the touch, allowing Kei to keep me up by the shoulders.

After a moment of affection, an obvious desire between us began to build—Kei abruptly released himself from me and waited for my sleep deprived brain to acknowledge him.

My sluggish eyes dipped up through eyelashes to connect with hazel ones. "..Can't tell if this is a dream or not." I thought aloud, being entirely serious because the lack of sleep I've had for at least 30 hours was taking its toll on my mentality. Everything that moved was foggy and any sound was heightened, echoing throughout my ears and skull—sometimes I'd question if scenarios even actually occurred.