Gray Poppy X Cheerful Reader

You were a very cheerful troll, with (F/c) skin, (S/f/c) hair and (E/c) eyes. You loved to sing, dance and hug, just like every other troll. Your best friend was Branch, who was also very cheerful. The two of you were really close. He knew everything about you, including your feelings for the gray princess, Princess Poppy. She didn't like any of the things you did. She hated when the trolls would sing, dance or hug, in fact, she even banned them, and would punish anyone she saw doing any of the three things. So everyone would always do it in secret. Including you and Branch. It was just another ordinary day in troll village. You hummed to yourself as you walked through the village. "What did I say about singing?" A voice snapped. You turned your head to see Poppy scolding Cooper. "So- sorry Poppy." He said. "This is your last warning. If I hear you sing one more time, you'll be punished. Understand?" Poppy asked. "Ye- yes, ma'am." Cooper said. You frowned as you saw Poppy walk away. You didn't understand what her problem was. Why was she always so mean? Why did singing, dancing and hugging bother her so much? You had so many questions about the gray princess, but didn't know how to find the answers. So, out of curiosity, you decided to follow her. You followed her down a path and to a small pond. Poppy sighed and looked at the water. She angrily kicked a rock into the pond. "Stupid music, stupid hugging, stupid trolls." She said. She then sighed. "Why? Why did you have to leave me, dad? I'm not ready for this. I'm not ready to be a ruler." She said. Your eyes widened. She... lost someone? Well, that would explain it. She turned around, and you were about to walk away, until she bumped into you. "Oof!" She shook herself a little, feeling a little dazed, until she saw you. "(Y/n)?" Poppy asked. "Uh..." you said. "Have you been following me?" She demanded. "Uh..." you said. You were too scared to talk to her. After all, she was pretty intimidating. "Go away. I'm not in the mood for any of your silly activities." Poppy said. "Sorry Poppy." You said.

Time Skip

You were taking a walk when you saw Branch, with Poppy. You walked over, and saw Poppy scolding him. "Watch where you're going!" The princess snapped. "I'm- I'm sorry, Poppy." Branch said. "Ugh! This is why I hate pop trolls! They're annoying, they're rude, and they're just plain stupid!" She said. "I- I said I was sorry." Branch said. "Sorry? You're lucky I don't banish you from the village!" Poppy said. Branch looked scared, and you instantly stepped in front of him. "Poppy leave him alone! I'm sure whatever he was doing wasn't as bad as you're making it to be! So just back off and stop threatening trolls all the time for enjoying themselves!" You said. Branch looked at you horrified. Had you actually just spoke to the princess like that? "Excuse me?" Poppy asked. You got nervous. "You know what? Just for that, you're punished. Come to my house later today or you'll be in even bigger trouble." Poppy said. You sighed. "(Y/n)?" Branch asked. "Leave me alone." You walked away.

Time Skip

Princess Poppy was sadly looking at a picture of her father, King Peppy. She then heard a knock on her door. She quickly put the picture away, then went and opened the door. "You wanted to see me?" You asked. "Yup. Here. Go find every troll who has a hug time bracelet and take it from them." She said. "What?" You asked. "You heard me. Take their hug time bracelets." She said. "Poppy why are you doing this? Don't you realize that hugging makes the other trolls happy?" You asked. "Of course I realize! I just don't care! Because truth is, it shouldn't make them happy!" Poppy said. "You have no right to tell others what can and can't make them happy!" You said. Poppy grabbed you and shoved you against the wall. "Listen here, (Y/n). You think I care whether or not my trolls are happy? Because I don't. All of their silly activities mean nothing to me. And I will stop at nothing to get rid of them! Even if every last troll is left gray." Poppy said. She then let you go. "Now get out of here. And get those bracelets." Poppy slammed the door. You sighed.

Time Skip

You knocked on the door. Poppy opened it and you gave her the bag, which now had all the bracelets. "Thank you." She then tossed them in the garbage. "I hope you learned your lesson. Don't talk back to me." Poppy said. Poppy saw slight tears in your eyes. "Are you... crying? No way. This is too good." Poppy laughed. You glared at her. "What is your problem?! You're our princess! You're supposed to care about us! Not treat us like crap and laugh at our misery! Princesses are supposed to care about their people! And you know what? If King Peppy was still around, he'd be very, VERY disappointed in you!" You left and slammed the door. A tear rolled down Poppy's check. She then took out her picture of King Peppy again.