Someone Like You:Aisa Koi Zindagi Mein Aaye

Next morning, Arjun took card from Kiara's coat and drove towards Shriya's place. Unknown to him, Shriya was his old college best friend.

aisa koi zindagi mein aaye
jo zindagi ko zindagi banaye
thodi khushiyan ho thode aansoon ho
aur zara zara pe muskuraye..

"Hello, may I talk to Shriya Randhawa?" asked Arjun.

"Yes, speaking" replied Shriya.

"Can we please meet in the evening,I wish to thank you for saving my life" said Arjun.

"Are you Arjun Goenka?" asked Shriya sternly.

"Yes ,I'm .Aren't you Shriya Randhawa?" smiled Arjun.

"Yes Jun ,good to hear from you after so many years" replied Shriya.
Arjun decided to go to office. He couldn't sit at home all day and he felt inferior to his sister Kiara since she was all busy-busy and he was always free. His dad almost got a heart attack when he told him he was coming to office. His grandmother dropped the puja ka thali and Kunal had just laughed and shaken his head.

He got dressed and left for office. It took him all day to understand the work and the management work he would be given in the beginning. Arjun was actually working hard when his phone rang. He picked it up without seeing who the caller was, "Hello." He said in his very professional voice. "How about we do yesterday's dinner today?" Shriya said in her chirpy voice. A smile spread over Arjun's mouth and his face lit up. But then very gently he said, "Today?" as if checking his schedule. "Yes Arjun, and you can't say you are busy!" she said laughing a little. "Okay. I'll pick you up at 8!" he said with a smile. "So where are we going?" she asked. "You'll see." He said. He could picture her smile. "See you!" she said. He replied likewise and they kept the phone.

Arjun smiled. He smiled more, and more. He was finally getting a second chance. She didn't hate him and she obviously wanted to go out with him. This was good news! Even after a day's hard work Arjun was more energetic than ever! He was ecstatic about meeting Shriya tonight. He could only think about her. Obviously, after the phone call no work was done at office. All he could think of was what to wear!

Arjun picked out his favourite suit and a red tie. Shriya loved red. He sprayed perfume like he was a teenager and he sat in his dad's Mercedes and drove off. He reached Shriya's apartment at 7:50. Not wanting to be early he waiting around the corner before going inside the building. Only when it struck 8 did Arjun start the car. His heart beat was just racing and his hands were becoming sweaty. He looked at himself for a last time in the mirror before giving her a call.

Shriya came down faster than he had expected, as if she was waiting for him. She wore a black dress, which was long and sleeveless. She looked drop dead gorgeous and Arjun gazed at her perfectness like forever when she said "hey! Now will you tell me where we are going?" 'You'll know the answer if you've asked yourself where I could take you.' He said to himself and then actually said, "Wait and watch!" After that, awkward silence returned. Shriya looked outside and Arjun looked at the road. Both wondered what to talk about when he finally switched on the music.

"Oh I swear to you, I'll be there for you,

This is not a drive by...."

Arjun smiled a little. 'That was apt.' His grin faded when Shriya looked at him. She was probably remembering how Arjun left her. Arjun changed the song uncomfortably. After driving for a long time, they were finally there. Arjun was a perfect gentleman. He opened the door for Shriya, helped her out and walked her inside. A wide smile was playing on Shriya's lips as she saw the place. It had been so long since either of them had come here. This was where they went for their first date. Shriya blushed slowly remembering the night. It was indeed "China Bowl." Shriya loved Chinese food. Arjun hadn't forgotten, how could he.