Chapter 14: Magic Of The First Date- Part 1

A/N: Hello everyone, it's definitely been a while but I'm back now! Sorry for the late upload, for some reason Wattpad didn't save the last bit of this chapter, so I had to go back and rewrite it, plus my schedule is still pretty hectic.

As for why I was gone, I simply just had too much other work to do, and the stress that caused forced me to take a break from writing for a bit, but rest assured that things will be back to normal from now on. Also, I really appreciate the support, considering that we managed to hit 7K reads, which is mind-blowing to me.

I hope I can keep living up to all of your expectations, and I especially hope you enjoy this chapter.

"Are you ready for this date, Deku?" Ochako asked, blushing profusely.

"Y-yeah, I am. You look really nice Ura-Ochako." Izuku replied with a stilted voice, stuttering on top of that.

"Y-you too." Ochako said, too embarrassed to joke about his mistake.

"Sh-shall we get going then?" Izuku asked, pointing to the cafe behind them.

"Sure." Ochako replied, finally able to speak properly.

Izuku started walking, trying his best to calm down, not wanting to ruin his first date with his overwhelming nerves.

"Come on Izuku just calm down! You can NOT screw this up! If you do you'll regret for the rest of your life, mainly because Nejire won't shut up about it but that's beside the point. Just breathe in, and out."

Eventually, Izuku calmed down, opening the door for Ochako, who simply looked at him, smiled, and moved on. Walking through the cafe they found a pair of seats in an elevated area compared to the rest of the seats, so they decided to sit there.

And do nothing else.

For 30 seconds no one said anything, both teens wanting nothing more than to get to know each other, but their nerves stopped the magic. Well to them it seemed like magic, for now at least. Even so, someone had to be the one to say something, something to break the most awkward silence the duo had ever experienced. And Izuku, well Izuku was just being himself. He already got them in the cafe, so now, Ochako felt obligated to try.

"So, you said you were coming here with Hado, how is she?" Ochako asked tentatively, barely making eye contact.

"Oh umm, Nejire? She's fine." Izuku replied, having a voice crack midway through his answer.

Ochako did nothing but giggle at this, as even Izuku realized how embarrassing this was. "God this is awkward," she said, finally calming down.

"You could say that again, although saying it once wouldn't do it justice." Izuku said, trying his best to lighten the mood.

"That's so true" Ochako said back, laughing a bit more. Izuku looked on, smiling, finding his confidence, and seeing the momentum in the conversation they were having.

"So, how did you convince your parents to let you come here?" Izuku asked, actually trying to initiate a normal conversation.

"Well I said that I wanted something from the mall and that I wanted some time to myself, so I'll have to buy something." Ochako answered glumly.

"What's wrong with that?" Izuku asked, curious as to why she would be sad.

"Well, I just don't like spending money unnecessarily." Ochako replied.

"Neither do I, but it's okay to treat yourself every once in a while. And I was planning to buy something for you anyway." Izuku said sheepishly, instinctively shying away.