The 1st Day: The Garden of Beginnings

"For Ayman, in hope that he leaves the past behind and walk the road to the dawn."

It was a place we all knew too well. It's just the naming that differs.

Some called it purgatory, some called it reincarnation.

Some considered it a heaven, and to some, it was hell itself.

However, for the sake of you and I, we'll refer to it as Der Abd.

Humans have come a far way, with birds of steel and remedies for every condition and every disease, all in the short period of a few millennia. Of course, to humans a few millennia are not for one to spit at, but to those who govern the way the fabrics of life go, it's but a heartbeat.

Great feats, no, limits broken again and again by mankind's sense of ingenuity. But, what mystery has mankind not yet broken its veil? One that was born with him and follows him through his journey in the land of mortals?

This great mystery is known as death.

What comes after it? Why does it happen? Who causes it?

Question after question, that's how you humans go.

But O sinful children of man, the answer is so very far......

___________________________________________________________________

He wasn't one for the complicated stuff, or so he believed. Yet he was asking himself some pretty unusual questions.

"Who am I?" he heard himself blurt.

His eyes were closed and all he saw was the color black. Yet another unusual deduction he made. Just what is this "color black" thing anyway?

He was split to two parts, part of him that recognized and assigned names to what he recognized, while the other was simply confused at what the other part was saying.

He felt the ground with his hands and felt some kind of stringy like thing; "grass" his mind said.

He opened his eyes with a bit of reluctance; he was worried for some reason but he couldn't quite figure why.

He looked at his clothes, simple baggy short jeans and a T-shirt with a simple design. He looked at his hands and was rather taken aback. He was young again. He was young again? Had he aged to begin with? He couldn't quite know.

Then his mind made the obvious yet late conclusion, he is suffering from the classic case of amnesia. But when he took a look around him he also concluded he must've been highly intoxicated as well.

He was in what looked like a garden, but it was the first time he ever saw a garden with same type of flower everywhere. There were probably millions around him as well.

Upon closer inspection; however; he gave the flower a grave frown.

"What? What is this?"

The flower had a little gelatinous blue sphere in its center. And each flower had a little fetus of a human child sleeping in the blob of gelatin.

Why wasn't he freaking out? Why should he be freaking out?

"Excuse me!" shouted a voice from behind.

As he turned around he was greeted by a man with long hair, beard, white robe (with sandals to match) and giant white feathered wings. He floated in the air with his legs crossed. He reminded him of an Angel, somehow.