The 2nd Day: What's Left Undone

The old soldier carefully danced through twigs and trees, the wounds he had protested each time his foot made a step on the rigid snow. But he could not stop, for they were on his tail, and they will take nothing less than his own life.

He chuckled, they praised him for his enormous size, but it was in this very moment he wished he was a little bird that could avoid any unnecessary twig or branch that produces noise whenever broken. They called him "Berserker", a leader in the Verse of Vexat, a reference to his inhuman size and his even more inhuman strength. Yet here he was, running away from death like any normal human.

His wounds grew more impatient, and he almost lost consciousness for a moment. He had to get to his destination before he leaves this world, he had to warn them from......but he couldn't form a sentence in his head anymore, his wounds were dealing their final blows to him.

Berserker fell to the ground, a few trees away from his destination, he cursed the biting cold as he fell to the ground.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The little boy hurriedly prepared in front of the mirror to play outside with his friends, he eagerly looked at his mirror, last season he was able to pick the most olives out of all the kids in the village. His village was a bit to the north, and it was famous for its excellent olives, and each year when the olives were ready to be picked his village would celebrate for three days and three nights. This year was different however, this year he was eight years old, and he was about to ask his crush on a dance during the festivities.

"Nadam! Come quick! The watchers found a dead bear by the forest!"

His friend eagerly jumped to and fro at his door, it was the baker's son, and his lifelong friend, Buns. He was very chubby and considerably shorter than him, and he had tanned skin from constantly helping his dad in his bakery.

"A real dead bear? Are you sure Buns?", said the young Nadam.

"Damn right, I am!"

Nadam hurriedly prepared himself, last checkup on the mirror.He was ready for tonight.

He held his friends hand and ran to the forest outskirts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a crowd forming at the forest, surrounding the old oak tree where they hung their wishes written on one of its leaves every picking season. Nadam and Buns pushed through the crowd to see the bear, but to Nadam's disappointment it was simply a really huge man in a coat of fur that covered his bloody armor.

The mayor was standing next to the collapsed man, hearing his barely audible whispers, until he silenced the whole crowd with a gesture.

"Our guest wishes to speak before he is taken to village's doctor."

The crowd whispered among themselves. Who would want to disturb such a simple village? They never communicated with any outsiders, save for some traders.

Finally, the "bear" coughed roughly and scanned the crowd until his frightening eyes stopped at Nadam.

"Hello, dear villagers. My name is Berserker and I will not stay here for too long, for I am being followed. But I've been told that this village wasn't one to close its doors for anyone that needed its help. So I urge you to bear with me for one day only. I'll be sure that by tomorrow morning you'll never see me again."