The 3rd Day: Free The Mermaids

The young Nadam combed his hair in front of the house's mirror. He glanced to his right and felt comfort as he found his wooden sword lying there. Tonight was an important night, all the kids in the village were gathering up around the camp fire, and each kid had to bring something to the gathering. Buns was no doubt getting baked goods, Yaeis was probably preparing his violin. But Nadam knew his sword dancing was going to win the hearts of everyone. He had practiced lots of tricks since the last gathering, where his inexperience leads him to defeat.

Nadam picked up his wooden sword and hoisted it on his waist, he didn't want to be late for the event!

­­-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nadam was one of the first people to arrive at the gathering, the kids at the village had set a campfire by the village outskirts, a bit next to the forest, but not too deep inside. The kids huddled around as they heard ghost stories from the Story Teller's son, munching on goods made by Buns' culinary excellence. Next was a sketch section where the comedians made the rest of the kids laugh. After that, Nadam began his mock battle with Buns as his opponent. The mock battle was backed up by Yaeis's violin playing, to which the kids clapped along too, even Glaze clapped along using her teddy bear's arms. Glaze was the only one cheering up for Buns, since everyone knew Nadam would win. Nadam cornered Buns at the extremities of the circle the kids made around the fire; Nadam was about to perform one of his new tricks, he would slash Buns's belt and cause his pants to fall off. But at that moment his eyes met hers. The eyes of his Goddess cheering him on, but that gave Buns enough time to dodge his attack at the last second, causing Nadam to unbuckle Yaeis's belt, who was conveniently standing behind Buns at the moment. Yaeis's playing stopped abruptly as he tried to desperately lift his pants up again. The kids cheered and laughed at the sight. The chanted Nadam's name, which could be easily heard from anywhere, echoing through the night.

Now that Nadam thought about it, it was at that moment he and Yaeis became rivals.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nadam took a deep breath as he woke up, he found himself gasping for air for a brief moment. He found his Prophtab shaking violently, but Nadam shut it up and it gave him the usual irritating message.

Welcome back home, Mr. Nadam!

He stood out of bed and prepared himself for a shower. As he lay naked in the shower with the hot water running on his hair, he tried desperately to remember what happened last night. But his memory failed him. Had Buns disappeared from this world? He couldn't remember. Nadam looked at his naked body's image on the glossy wall of the bathroom. He noticed a scar that lay right above his heart. He touched it and felt and suddenly sick. Where did this scar come from? Didn't Caster say people that die wake up the next day as if nothing happened? Then what was this scar?

Nadam wore his clothes and went to the kitchen to eat, he checked the Prophtab and found out that it was already noon. How long did he sleep?

Nadam opened the cabinets and cussed since he forgot to buy any groceries yesterday, but to his surprise the cabinets were full to the brim with all kinds of goods. He set out to make himself a respectable breakfast. He fried some eggs sunny side up and made some buttered toast and tea. He checked his Prophtab as he ate, it showed him the latest news from the Journalist's Association. The latest piece of news intrigued Nadam the most.

Intruder Found? Angels to Deal With Wolf Among the Sheep?

It said the Angel found the intruder and that the Angels will deal with him shortly. The Angels refused to disclose any more information on the matter. They also promised the residents that there is nothing to worry about and that these mistakes often occur when a person meant to go to the Infernum Temporalis ends up here by mistake. A rare occurrence but it happens. Nadam lifted his tea cup and took another sip. Why would the Angels be so stupid as to-