|3. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?|

"What are you doing to me, omega?" Jungkook softly murmured to his chaser, now in a deep slumber after passing out in his arms. Gently pushing back a tuft of his hair, he ran a finger down his cheek. The omega stirred in his sleep, probably to the touch, but continued dreaming on.

All that was left of the fire that he managed to make out of the last twigs of firewood, was just a black heap of ash. He had tucked his chaser in the robe that he had robbed off the corpse and convinced himself that it was just him being kind. And nothing else.

Jungkook wasn't cold either way. Busy tracing features of the stranger, he could distract himself for a while, he convinced himself.

And so he began again, for probably the fourth time since when he knocked his chaser out, from his three scrupulously placed moles. One below the eye, other on his cheek and third and his most favourite (he ranked them to his likes, due to boredom) the one right at the tip of his nose. Monarch lashes, the longest he had ever seen, rested against his cheek. Golden expanse of skin, and messy hair that he tried mending. It went futile, but the omega looked beautiful as it is.

He could feel the other waking up, his lashes slumping against his cheek after a few squints and lazy blinks.
By the time he had lifted himself up, a single fisted hand flying up to rub the sleep out of his eyes, Jungkook had lost count of how his eyes cruised back to the omega.

'Endearing' his brain supplied. He pretended not hear it.

"Finally up from your beauty sleep?" Jungkook inquired, taunting. His eyes had cruised back to his chaser, and he let it. For now he could play it off, all until he meets the king.

"It's dark," The omega remarked for a reply and he raised his brows at it. "Blame your lazy ass"

"How long?" His chaser asked, wordlessly handing over the robe he was tucked in.

"You don't remember anything, do you?" Jungkook questioned back, pensive.

"Was there something to?" The other asked back, this time eye brows climbing up in what he assumed to be suspicion.

"I'm hungry," Jungkook declared, breathing out in relief.

"So?"

"We have to get out of here to eat," Jungkook replied back, disbelief soaking his tone.

"We?" Taehyung inquired, his brows shooting up higher.

"Don't you wanna get out?!" Jungkook almost screamed, but held back.

"I know not how," The other casually stated, tying up his hair. A nonchalant tone and a barely fazed shrug.

"You were my last hope!!" He screamed this time. Quite literally.

"Now am not," He replied back, not meeting eyes. Jungkook assumed there wasn't a need to, and followed the cue.

"Have you gone insane? Did I hit you that hard?" He tried keeping the tone to barely audible but by the looks of it, it seemed like the other had caught it.

"Did you?"

"No, of course! obviously not! Why-why would I-" He was interrupted.

"I will get more firewood, get some dry rocks to make a fire," The omega announced, imperative, "We are gonna find our way out"

"We? "

"Yes"

"How? "

"Some how, " He was already on his way to collect firewood, leaving Jungkook to attend to his task at hand.