5

One year later

The amnesty had been going on for the last year. Ashleigh and Phoenix were still together, yet never apart. She had grown very weary over the past year through his torture, her pain. Kieran had seen much blood shed as they caught up with many of the gang's members. Kieran had begun college and was doing his business degree just like Ashleigh said he would. Ashleigh hadn't saw candies in the last year and was beginning to think she never would. Kieran and Kelley lived between home, and the hut, keeping their heads low. The time had come for the biggest fight of them all.

'So we set Ke?'

'Yeah.' He said slipping Phoenix the note.

Which he quickly slipped into his pocket. 'Right time to get the girls to decide.'

'They won't like it.'

'They've got no choice.'

'Stay here Ke.'

The crew followed Phoenix into a room on the right which Kelley was in.

Kelley looked at them. 'What's wrong?'

'It's time Kelley.'

'What for?'

'Scorpion.'

'NO!'

Phoenix pushed her up against the wall. 'What did I say?'

'You don't know what he's capable of.'

'Believe me when I say I do.'

'No!'

Phoenix pulled out a knife gliding its edge down her legs, tears formed in her eyes. 'What do you say? Or do you want more?'

'Okay.'

'Good girl.'

He kissed her check.'

'Come on guys.'

They walked out of the room. 'Follow us Ke see what your sister has to say.'

'So Kelley said yes?'

'She did.'

He followed Phoenix and the crew down the stairs to the room where Ashleigh was. 'Well Ash its time.'

'No Phoenix. This one you can do on your own.'

'We need you you know that.'

'I can't.'

He grabbed her wrists. 'Well are you going to help us?'

'No.'

Phoenix tied Ashleigh's wrists together. 'Pull her up.'

They pulled her up tying the rope to a pipe. Her feet hanging inches from the floor.

'Well what's it going to be?'

'No.'

Phoenix looked at her. 'Wrong answer.' He pulled out the knife.'

'Don't Phe.'

'Why ever not?'

'You're not your father.'

'No, I'm worse.' He looked at Ashleigh. 'What do you say Ash? Are you in?'

'No.'

He raised the knife.

'No Phe she's been through enough.'

'She hasn't been through enough.'

'Don't Phe.'