8

Six months on

His hand spread across her mouth preventing her from screaming. She went into a state of panic. 'It's ok Kelley it's me.'He got closer talking into her ear. 'Ice.'

Her eyes showed fear, how had he survived? They had all been lead to believe he and Justin were dead. 'Stay calm okay, all I need is to know where Ashleigh is.'

She nodded.

He removed his hand off her mouth. 'He said you were dead.' She said breathless.

'Well as you can see I am not.'

'And Justin?'

'He will be there I promise you that.'

'I don't know where they are honest.'

'And Kieran?'

'He's kept in contact, but doesn't say much to me just that she's okay.'

'Guess she'll be having the kid soon?'

'Twins.'

He looked at her shocked. 'What!'

'She's having twins late October.'

'Is he treating her well?'

'Kieran says he is.'

'Have you spoken to her?'

'Occasionally she just cries.'

'Ashleigh cry? Impossible'

'She misses you Ice. She thinks you're dead, how Ice he's clever?'

'Yet another lame aim Kelley.'

'Don't go after them Ice he may not miss next time.'

'So you do care?'

'I always have.'

He leaned forward, their eyes fixed.

'Kelley.'

The door opened Ice had gone. Kieran walked in to the bedroom. 'I thought I heard voices.'

'No, just me thinking out loud.'

'First sign of madness that.' He cracked.

She smiled.

'You okay Keels?'

'Where's Ash Ke?'

'Safe.'

'I know, but where?'

He placed his hands on her face. 'She's safe babe okay Phoenix is taking good care of her. We can visit when she's had the twins.'

'I want to see her now. It's been over a year.'

'I know babe, but they're hiding out.'

'Did they ever you know?'

'I guess so nothing was solid they found Ice's and Sandman's blood, but no bodies. Why?'

'Oh nothing.'

'Look Ash is safe okay that's all you need know, they're somewhere no one can get to them.'

He pressed his lips on hers kissing her. He moved away talking into her ear unaware that they were not alone. He looked at her. 'Everything's going to be okay Kelley. Ash may never forgive him, but she has to put it behind her to bring the kids up.'

'I know it just seems so heartless.'

'No one will forget them Kelley.'

He kissed her softly. 'I'm off to meet the guys now okay.'