Chapter One - Father

Before I begin. I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters. These belong to JK Rowling. Casandra is someone I came up with. The events are based around the Half Blood Prince. This is the first time I have written anything so I apologise for the grammar and spelling. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you Claire x

Chapter One

I can't believe I am here. Kings Cross Station the sign reads. I've heard my mother talk about this place so many times.

"Cassandra my mother would say one day I will take you to kings cross station in London and show you where platform 9 3/4 is. Where I spent many years getting the train to Hogwarts. "

Every time my mother spoke about Hogwarts she got this look in her eyes. She loved it there. Her friends Lily, James, Sirius and Lupin. The mischief they would get in to and how Dumbledore would have to sort them out. After Hogwarts my mother was headhunted to work at the Magical Congress of the United States of America. She lost touch with her friends and went on to have me her one and only daughter. It was just mum and I. I never knew who my father was until 3 months ago.

Flashback
3 months earlier

"Casandra?" I looked up at this old man in front of me with his lavender robes and his long white hair and beard. He had a kind face but you could tell he had a lot on his mind.

"Yes. Who are you?" I've just lost my mother. I am completely alone. Where will I go? Who will look after me? What will I do now?

"Casandra my name is Albus Dumbledore" Dumbledore I know that name. My mother often spoke about him and how he was the headmaster of Hogwarts. What was he doing here?

"You look like her, your mother. You have her eyes." My mother had piercing green eyes and red hair. My hair was black as the night sky but I had her eyes. They were framed perfectly by my black hair and my pale skin.

"I also see your father in you". Did he just say my father?

"I'm sorry, did you just say my father?" I've never met my father. My mother said that her and my father were friends at school and got together 17 years ago when they bumped into one another. From what I can gather they were both lonely and seeked comfort in each other. They both loved other people but alas they could not be with them.

"Yes your father, I know that he is anxious to meet you." Dumbledore was looking at me trying to gage my reaction.

"Meet me? My father? Where is he?" Dumbledore walked over to the door he had come in. We were currently in a room at the MCUSA. I had been taken here when they found out my mother had died.

Dumbledore opened the door and in walked a tall thin man dressed in black robes. As I reached his face I noticed he had hair as black as the nights sky just like mine. What also struck me was his eyes were also black.

"Severus this is Cassandra, your daughter. Cassandra this is Severus Snape your father." Both myself and Severus looked at one another. A father.  I had a father. I spent 16 years wondering who he was and did I look like him and here he was in front of me. "Hello" we both said at the exact same time. 

"Casandra I am so sorry about your mother. She was a great witch and friend to me during our time at Hogwarts." Severus looked at me warily. "Did you know? Did you know about me?" A pained look flashed across his face but it was gone as quick as it came. "Yes, your mother told me about you." She told him and he knew. Why did she lie to me about him and why hadn't he come to see me? Did he not care that he had a child? I could feel the rage bubbling inside me. "Why didn't you come and see me?" My voice getting louder with every word. He took in a steady breath. "I was there when you were born Casandra. I held you. I stared into those beautiful green eyes of yours and vowed I would keep you safe."

Flashback Ends.

"Excuse me, do you need help?" I looked at the face of the person who spoke to me. This boy had brown hair, black framed glasses, green eyes and a lightening scar. Harry Potter. Harry fricking Potter is talking to me.

"Is this your first time using. The entrance to the platform?" Oh god he's asked me two questions and I am staring at him like an idiot.

"Sorry, yes this is my first time. I am new to Hogwarts." Harry holds out his hand. "I'm Harry Potter" I take his hand and shake. "I know, I mean hi." At this point a red haired boy and a girl with wild brown hair come over to us. "Ron hurry up we are going to be late. We can't be late or we will get in trouble." The girl looked exasperated. "Hermione you worry too much. We have plenty of time. I think after all we did last term Dumbledore will cut us some slack." Harry looks at the two. "Ron, Hermione this is, actually I didn't get your name." Harry looks at me. "Oh yes sorry Casandra, Casandra Abbott." The two of them give me a small smile. "This is her first time at Hogwarts. She's never used the entrance before." "Oh that's easy" says Hermione. "Ron and I will go first and you and Harry can go after." Hermione runs at the wall and I close my eyes expecting to hear a crash but no she's gone. Ron is up next and he goes through the wall. "Ready?" Harry turns and looks at me. I suppose it's now or never.