Chapter 17 - Slughorn Christmas Party

Casandra

"Casandra. I was wondering if you'd like to go to Slughorn's Christmas party with me?" Slughorn's Christmas party was only a week away. I had originally planned to ask Draco but I haven't spoken to him since the night he told me what he did to Katie.

"Harry I thought you would have had a date by now."

"Well I can't go with Ginny and I am guessing you haven't asked Draco so I thought we could go together as friends."

"What about Hermione?"

"She's already asked someone."

"Do you know who?" I wonder who she had asked.

"She said it was a surprise."

"Well I'd love to go with you Harry."

Draco

I hadn't spoken to Casandra since I told her I cursed Katie.

I spent a lot of my time in the room of requirement. I had got a bird and was putting it into the vanishing cabinet. If it came back alive I would be one step closer to my mission being complete. I wasn't sleeping well and barely eating.

I heard the bird come back I opened the cabinet and the bird was dead. I looked at this dead bird and all I could imagine was that would be me or my family if I didn't succeed.

I felt the tears running down my face. I broke down. I felt alone, sad and scared.

Casandra

It was the night of the Christmas party. I had on a lovely silver dress. I wore my mother's necklace. I met Harry in the hallway. He had on black robes and looked very smart.

"Casandra you look amazing."

"You look very handsome Harry. Now let's go."

We walked into the party. I spotted Hermione and saw McLaggen with her. She looked over and mouthed 'Help me.'

"Is that Hermione with McLaggen?" Harry looked at them and then me and had an amused look on his face.

Hermione at this point came over. "I need to hide from McLaggan. He's got more arms than an octopus."

"Then why did you ask him to be your date?"

"I thought it would annoy Ron the most." I knew she liked Ron.

McLaggan started to walk towards us and Hermione ran away. It was hilarious. McLaggan was clueless and thought he had a chance with her.

The party was pretty good. Harry and I danced for a bit. We were standing talking when Mr Filch came in. He had Draco by the scruff of the neck.

"Professor Slughorn. I found this one lurking in the corridor. He claims you invited him."

"Ok ok I was lying. I was trying to gatecrash." Draco and I locked eyes.

"I'll escort Mr Malfoy out." Severus directed Draco out the door and out the party.

"Casandra I'll be back in a minute." I knew Harry was going to spy on Draco and Severus. I waited a minute and snuck out myself.

I crept down the corridor and heard Draco and Severus.

"You are scared Draco. Let me help you." Severus was obviously trying to help Draco but I wasn't sure with what.

"I was chosen. Me I cannot fail. I will not fail and I do not need your help." Draco sounded scared.

They both continued down the corridor.

I walked back to the party. I couldn't help but wonder what was going on and why was Severus trying to help. 

Hope you liked this part. Claire x