Chapter 23 - Masks

Casandra

I arrived at Diagon Alley with Draco and Narcissa.

"I need to run some errands but I'll meet you later for lunch." Draco kissed his mother's cheek and kissed me on the lips.

"Come on dear we are going to Twilfitt and Tatting's. It's the only place around here to get a dress that will fit the occasion."

I followed Narcissa into this really fancy shop.

"Ah Mrs Malfoy, it is so lovely to see you." This slender man said.

"Hello Mr Roberto. I am here today for a dress." Mr Roberto spotted me.

"You have brought a friend today? She is very pretty Mrs Malfoy. Those eyes are mesmerising." I felt myself blush.

"This is Casandra. She is Draco's lady friend. She requires a dress for our annual spring ball." She then turned to me.

"I have some errands to run dear so I will leave you in the capable hands of Mr Roberto. You'll need a dress and a mask."

"A mask?" I didn't realise I needed a mask.

"Oh yes dear it is a masked ball. I will meet you at the little bistro for lunch." Out the door she went.

Mr Roberto looked me up and down. "Now Miss Casandra let's find a dress that Master Malfoy will like."

2 hours had passed and I had tried on many dresses.

"Does Master Malfoy still have his room emerald green?" Mr Ronaldo asked me.

"Yes he does. How do you know?"

"I've been dressing Master Malfoy since he was a young boy. Now he is a young man who wears black suit jackets, inside his jackets are lined with emerald green." I never knew this.

"In fact I might just have the perfect dress for you." Mr Ronaldo came back with this beautiful dress.

"Come on let's see how it is on you my dear."

I stood in front of the mirror. The dress was a an off the should deep emerald green dress. It had a tight bodice which was embroidered with black lace and had a full skirt. I looked amazing.

"Yes I think that will do quite nicely Miss Casandra. Now we just need heels and a mask."

"Do you have black heels that would wrap around my legs?" Mr Ronaldo looked at me.

"Draco likes those kind of heels." Mr Ronaldo came back with these amazing heels and a black lace mask for me too wear.

"Thank you so much for all your help Mr Ronaldo."

"No problem Miss Casandra. I hope to see you again. Maybe you can take Master Malfoy with you too."

Just as I was away to leave the bell above the door chimed. Mr Ronaldo looked to see who it was and his smile faltered for a split second.

"Miss Parkinson, how can I help you today?"

"Oh Mr Ronal - Oh Casandra what are you doing here?" Pansy wasn't expecting me to be here.

"I was just in picking up a few bits." I wasn't going to tell her I was getting a dress for the ball at the Manor.

"Hmmmm quite. I am here to pick up a dress. I'm going to a ball this week. It's being held at Malfoy Manor. Draco is taking me as his date."

I exchanged a glance with Mr Ronaldo.

"Oh is that right Pansy. Well I hope you have a great time. Thank you again Mr Ronaldo for all your help." I gave him a knowing smile and walked out the shop. I couldn't wait for that bitch Pansy to see me on Draco's arm.

Draco

Mother and I were sitting in a little bistro.

"I really like Casandra. She is a lovely girl Draco. I just hope she doesn't distract you."

"Mother Casandra is the only thing I have right now that is making me happy."

At that point Casandra walked in and came over to us. I stood up and gave her a quick kiss.

"I hope you haven't been waiting long. There were far too many beautiful dresses to pick from." I couldn't wait to see what Casandra had picked.

"Can I see what you picked?"

She gave a cute laugh. "No way you'll have to wait. The dress is being delivered to the Manor and you aren't allowed to peak." She gave me her best stern face and it was adorable. 

"Oh just to let you both know Lucius won't be here until the day of the ball. He's had to extend his trip." I knew that meant they either had a problem or father was given another job. I hoped it was another job. We did not need The Dark Lord to be angry.

Hope you like the new chapter. Claire x