cuddles

hi everyone. i'm pretty sure all of you know that i haven't been updating recently. but here i am, writing a short imagine just to update because i miss you guys. i don't know if i'm actually back or not, we'll see:)

inspired by my baby intimatedols she deleted this specific imagine, but i would still like to give credit<3
~
i tossed and turned in my sleep, slowly but surely waking myself up in the process. i mentally face-palmed when i saw the time. 3:21am. great.

i laid on my back, staring at the ceiling. the room was completely quiet, except for grayson's snores.

he lay beside me, fast asleep like i was five minutes ago.

i sighed, slowly removing myself from the comfort of my bed. i made my way into the nursery, just down the hall from mine and grayson's room.

"hey baby," i whispered as i picked up our 8-month old daughter, sofia.

i walked over to the wooden rocking chair in the corner, holding sofia close as i sat down.

i rocked her softly, keeping her tiny body close to mine. i stared down at her; her beautiful hazel eyes were closed, her tiny fist was gripping my tshirt quite tightly, and she seemed to twitch every now and then.

i admired everything about her, all of her features reflecting either grayson or myself.

"what're you doing up?"

his voice slightly scared me, drawing my attention from our babygirl.

he stood leaning against the door frame, watching sofia and i.

"i could ask you the same question." i mumbled as he made his way to us.

we had to talk quietly, in fear of waking the baby.

"she's beautiful, isn't she?" he whispered, his finger lightly tracing her facial features.

"she's absolutely perfect. and we made her, gray." i said in complete amazement.

"why'd you come in here at 2 in the morning, baby? couldn't sleep?" he stood beside the rocking chair, his hand now fiddling with my hair as he  waited for my response.

"i just woke myself up from tossing and turning, and decided to come in here because she calms me down. in fact, i'm about ready to go back to bed."

grayson slowly reached down, carefully and oh-so gently picked up sofia, holding her close to his shirtless body.

he carried her to the crib, and i followed close behind.

after he set her down, we both stood in silence, admiring what we had created.

"good night princess," he whispered. "mommy and i love you so much."

we walked back to our bedroom, climbing under the covers. grayson pulled me close to him, holding me tightly.

"what're you doing?" i asked, chuckling quietly.

"you said that cuddling her made you calm, so i wanna try. good night baby." he kissed my head, and then brought my hand up to leave a kiss there as well.

"good night gray."

published oct 26 2020
this is so random, but just missed writing :( i hope you liked this<3
and i hope i can become more inspired to write. i love you all so so much<3