Chapter 5

January 7, 2021 3600

Erica POV

I was lead downstairs and into a temporary holding cell. I demanded, "Why are you taking me here?! I didn't do a crime!"

"You will stay here until Agent Ripley orders us to let you go." one of them replied. Keeping it vague. 

They threw me into one of the holding cells and triple bolted the doors and posted on the doors. I layed down on the bed thinking about Ben. And what just happened in my room.  

                                                                ***

2 hours later, Ben came into the holding cells. The guards saluted and unlocked my handcuffs and my foot-cuffs. Ben motioned me to follow him outside. We walked into his dorm and he locked the doors and set on the traps. 

"Erica, what seems to be the problem. I am sorry I did that to you. I panicked. I didn't know what to do." he asked.

"Its fine. Its just that. I was thinking about how you said maybe on the mission. I didn't want to get into the details. Especially you because it was about you. I thought I might..." I trailed off.

Ben sat down next to me and hugged me. I jumped. But I allowed him to hug me. It felt so nice though. I hugged him back. We stayed there for a few minutes until he broke out.  

"You thought you might hurt me emotionally?" he asked. Reading my mind.

"yeah" I whispered softly.

"Also, if you tell anyone about that hug or what I said I will..."

"Kill me yeah I know the drill." he finished laughing.

"Come on. We have a mission to do." he said.

Ben POV

I saw Erica being lead off into the holding cells. I radioed them to let her go when I come down to the holding cells. And I went to my room. I sat down, thinking what I just happened. I layed down on my bed wondering.

                                                                ***

Two hours later I walked down quietly to the holding cells. The guards saluted at me and unlocked her handcuffs and foot-cuffs. Ben motioned me to follow him outside. We walked into his dorm and he locked the doors and set on the traps.

"Erica, what seems to be the problem. I am sorry I did that to you. I panicked. I didn't know what to do." I said.

"Its fine. Its just that. I was thinking about how you said maybe on the mission. I didn't want to get into the details. Especially you because it was about you. I thought I might..." she trailed off.

I sat down next to her and got all the courage to hug her and hugged her. She jumped a little. But allowed me to hug me. It felt nice. Then surprisingly she hugged me back. We stayed there for a few minutes until I broke out.

"You thought you might hurt me emotionally?"  I asked. It was etched on her face.

"yeah" I whispered softly.

"Also, if you tell anyone about that hug or what I said I will..."

"Kill me yeah I know the drill." I finished laughing.

"Come on. We have a mission to do." I said.