Chapter 6

January 8, 2021 0300

Erica POV

The presidential inauguration is coming close. I feel like there is something wrong with it.

"Elite Beta Team take the Elite Alpha Team! And scout out the inauguration setup. I need it thoroughly checked. Check every place imaginable."

They saluted and left. I looked out the window and saw them in full riot gear fanning out and searching the area. Then I heard a startled cry. Me, Ben, and the other agents ran for the door. Searching for the sound. We saw the agents with their guns raised at men with Kevlar suits and guns raised at us. We all upholstered or guns and raised them. We could see a man with one limb, one eye, and a prosthetic arm. Joshua Hallal.

He was with ten other agents that had their guns raised. I growled, "What are you doing here?!"

He just laughed. "Oh, how you were so naïve back when you were little. It was easy to manipulate you. How you have changed."

"Who are you working for" Ben snarled.

"Well, I am a freelance right now. But I am partnering with Croatoan. As you know. I just came here to say. Um. Hello. Yes, that's the correct word. Hello. I just want to give you a hint. One word. The word is, President." He said. 

Then three black vans pulled in and the doors opened. They quickly ran into them and ran away. I quickly threw a tracker on the van, Joshua was on. I quickly yelled, "Follow them! I want an ariel to assist too! Ben! What is the backplate number?"

"CA FGH12567!"

"Okay! Get mobilizing now! Call in the local Cops and the local SWAT Team we have a known-criminal en-route."

The agents ran off. Leaving me and Ben together. This is it. I'll tell him my real feelings about him.

"Ben, I wanted to say-"

The CIA Cars drove in front of us with its doors open. We both nimbly jumped into one of the vans. Ugh. My moment ruined. I could hear helicopters overhead. I looked at my phone. They were a mile in front of us. I groaned.
"Can we have all the lights red around us so we can pass? Lousy DC traffic."

"Yes, mam."

Then the driver radioed someone. Then suddenly like a rocket, we were off like a shot. The cars cleared and the streets were empty. Besides the cars stuck on the red light. I pulled out my RPG and aimed it at the Croatoan car ahead. I shot. The impact pushed me onto Ben. The car suddenly turned around the corner and I came face-to-face with Ben. The car screeched to a halt and my face hit Ben. Our lips touched. OMG. I kissed Ben again for the second time. I pulled away red-faced. Ben too. We looked up and saw the debris of the Croatoan van flying at us. Jousha and his friends. Nowhere to be seen.