Nineteen, Cellar Walls

There's a strange kind of cloudiness that seems to have settled permanently over my psyche by the time I wake up, just after nine the next morning. It's like someone has wrapped my brain in clingfilm and refuse to take it off, no matter how many times I blink my eyes seem covered by exhaustion. Though I don't think I have ever slept to well.

Due to that haze of incoherency, the normal flood of questions and theorises that I am normally assaulted with, though present, do not illicit any logical response and half of them slip away before I am able to dwell on them, or write them down. To no one's surprise, Asher seems even more out of it than me, which explains the vacant and confused look that graces his taunt features when I bring up the feeling the next morning.

"I remember feeling like I had, had too much to drink. Like being extremely fucking intoxicated, but it only lasted a second before we were asleep, I needed to piss but I never got the chance" He shrugs, pulling a black hoodie over his head and running a hand through his tangled hair.

"It was like we connected on a molecular level, it has never felt that way before and up until that moment there was no magic transfer- not like that, it seemed like it all blended together for a second. That's weird right?"

"You're the genius in this relationship" He chuckles, trying to seem nonchalant in the face of my worrying "Any ideas on what it could be?"

"I would usually say yes but it honestly feel like someone has built cement wall between all of my knowledge and my ability to articulate it, I'm not tired but the feeling reminds me of exhaustion"

"Can't say I have ever had such a reaction to my dick" Asher laughs, kissing me on the cheek before bending down to pull on his sneaker.

"Very funny" I deadpan, "It did make me wonder what else I'd be able be able to do with that kind of magic influx, it was so much more than anything I had previously syphoned"

"No doubt more than just locking a door, are witch-on-witch bonds different than vampire ones?"

"Witch bonds aren't as common as you might expected, Blaise and Levi were the only ones in the towns with one before I met you. There magic is intertwined and can use each other to make the other stronger but it won't be the same with us because your magic is centuries different to there's and I'm a syphon; not a witch"

"Same difference" Asher shrugs, he always says that. "Maybe that was just our way of connecting, you said that your parents had to confirm their bond?"

"Yeah but he bit her to do that, there was no biting in that round of sex" I point out.

"Sorry to disappoint" He winks, "I doubt Levi and Blaise bit each other"

"Not something I ever want to think about, but you have a point, I suppose it will all become clear eventually. The mind fuzz is just not something I would expect afterwards; elation and clarity would make more sense, maybe it really is just exhaustion..."

"Doubtful but I'll take it, even though nothing about any of this makes any sense and your Mum would not appreciate you understating your own value so often and neither do I. You're an incredible person and witch or not; you're the only one capable of decoding all this mess, own it!"

"Yes sir" I laugh, mock saluting him.

"None of that please" He groans, pressing me into my wardrobe door and connecting his lips with mine, passion filling my cloudy mind immediately; my heart thumping loudly in my ears. There's no haze when I am this close to him.

"The kitchens won't appreciate if we never show up to collect our food" I murmur, pulling my lips away from his but tipping my head back to let him continue them to the base of my neck, holding my hips against his. "Asher- fuck, we have to go"