chapter five | Ashton's records

FEBRUARY 4TH, 2015

7:43 PM

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

Ashton spent a while of his time just ranting to Calum about the situation. He told him how much Briana meant to him and how much of a bitch she was being. He even told him the remark she made about his future. Calum laughed way harder and longer than he should of.

But soon, Ashton bid farewell to Calum because he wouldn't be able to sit well straight knowing his records were in danger. They were his babies.

Ashton got gas first, and while pumping the gas, he thought of where he saw Briana cry the first time. He had no clue. It was probably in preschool because all preschoolers cried, but then he remembered how headstrong and stable she was.

Ashton got back into his car, driving on a random highway as he concentrated on where he saw Briana cry for the first time. It wasn't even his records that he wanted anymore. He was dying to remember because he was striving to be a good boyfriend - if he was still Briana's boyfriend.

Then he thought of all the bad things that had happened to Briana. It then popped into his mind. It was when her dog died in the fifth grade.

He then started driving to Briana's old house, where her parents now lived. He was terrified of going to her parents' house. Her dad always has and will terrify Ashton.

But before he knew it, he was there. He raced out of his car, seeing that it was almost dark and that it could take a while for him to find his things. But he was taken off guard - his albums were sitting in a box right on the driveway with the usual envelope taped onto the front.

Ashton smiled as he raced out of his car, not even closing the door or turning the car off. He picked the box up, lugging it to his car, opening the passenger seat and placing it on the floor in front of all of his other items. He ripped the envelope off the box before shutting the door.

He sat on the driveway, not even caring whether or not Briana's parents would see him. He opened the envelope, extending his legs on the pavement.

'Hey douche.

One more place, then you can stop. I would hide all your stuff, but I'm not that mean. I know how much the letters I have written in the past mean to you, so you'll find those at the place that I told you I loved you for the first time. Have fun.

Briana'

Ashton sighed, feeling everything inside him drop without a need. He just felt like everything was gone. He missed Briana - her smile, her lips, her company. He wished he has always been there for her like he had when they were younger.

OCTOBER 18TH, 2004

"Ashton, Buster is dead!" Briana whined out as she watched Ashton climb out of his car. Ashton's eyes dropped as he saw the tears forming in her eyes.

"What?" Ashton asked, watching his mum walk over to Briana's, the two beginning to talk about how Ashton was needed for Briana since she was so sad. "How?"

"The delivery guy ran over him with a car," Briana started off, beginning to have faint tears streaming down her aching cheeks.

Ashton didn't want to hug her in front of their mums, he thought that they'd probably make a huge scene. But he did anyway, and the mums surprisingly didn't.

But he held her for a long time since he had never seen her this way before. It broke his heart.