chapter seven | Briana

FEBRUARY 4TH, 2015

9:11 PM

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

After a thirty-minute phone argument as to where Briana was with Michael, the truth was narrowed down to. Michael surrendered and told Ashton that Briana was at his house.

Ashton made his way over to Michael's house (it was less than two minutes away), and raced through the doorway of the small house, seeing Michael standing there.

"Where is she?" Ashton panicked, taking ahold of Michael's shoulders and shaking them roughly. "Where's Briana?"

"Ashton, you need to leave," Michael pointed out, shaking his head as Ashton pulled on the fabric of his shirt harder than before.

"Tell me where Briana is!"

"She doesn't wanna talk to you," Michael croaked out.

"Are you hiding something?" Ashton yelled, letting go of his friend. "Do you and her have something going on?"

Michael panicked. "No! Not at all! I'm just trying to protect my friend and-"

"-Ashton?" the boys heard a voice perk up from the stairs, seeing Briana standing there, watching Ashton back away from Michael with a smile. "Why are you here?"

Ashton turned to Michael, asking for a moment alone. Michael resisted at first, but soon capitulated, going into a different room so Ashton and Briana could talk by the stairs.

Neither talked for a while, just silence was Briana's tension filled the room, making it obvious that she didn't wanna talk to Ashton.

But soon, the mop-headed boy piped up through a sigh. "I would never cheat on you, Briana."

She sighed, walking down the stairs a little and looking at her feet while sitting down at the first step. "You're never around anymore. I figured because you're always with Calum or someone. And I kinda figured that it's not Calum all the time you're gone."

"You mean the world to me, Briana," Ashton sighed, feeling the blood rush through his body as he entangled his fingers through his hair and began pacing in front of the stairs. "While looking for all of my shit, I saw us come together. Like not now obviously, but as a whole. Like how we started and how we ended up here. You are my sun, my moon, my stars. You're my best friend. You've been here since day one and I can't throw away the days after that for you just assuming something."

"Ashton-"

"-I would never even consider cheating on you. I could never bring myself to do that. It'd hurt me more than it would hurt you. Please understand and forgive me for not being around."

"Ashton, I-"

"-I promise I'll be around more and hang out with you. I know I am paying all the bills but I'll drop a job. I'll do anything."

Briana silenced him before he could speak anymore, bringing her index finger to her lips. "I forgive you," she whispered. "I hope you'll forgive me, too."

And so, they hugged. They hugged for what seemed like forever until their arms were gonna fall off. But they enjoyed it.

Briana sighed at the fact of how she was going to move everything she just moved back again, but Ashton agreed to help and tell her all about the past he remembered.

But the final and most precious thing Ashton got back that day was Briana.

-

ew this book sucked but thanks for reading !!!!