Lost Mate

ROSE POV

I remember like it was yesterday.

It was an ordinary school day, just like any other except it was the day I found my mate.

I was walking down the halls, a tad bit late for class, when I smelt something and let me tell you, it smelt amazing. Almost like chocolate and wood but also something else that I couldn't put my hands on. I shot my head up as soon as the scent hit my nose, my eyes landing on a group of boys.

I frowned slightly when I noticed it was the popular boys, the superiors. It consisted of Dustin, my future Alpha, Mike, my future Beta and Drake, Mikes cousin. The three were best friends and have been since birth.

I was just another pack member, they never bothered me and I never bothered to talk to them. That's how we rolled. It was a good silent system we had going on and I never had thought that it would break.

I searched the three boys to find who smelt so good, when Drake shot his head up and his baby blue eyes met mine. It was like the world froze and it was just us two.

"Mine." He whispered and I saw from the corner of my eye, Dustin and Mikes head shoot up and look at me. I noticed Drakes eyes had gotten darker and he was slowly making his way towards me.

I took a few steps forward and studied his body and face, wanting to memorize every physical feature of my mate. He had brown shaggy hair that was longer in the front than the back with baby blue eyes. His face was perfect with a tight jaw, perfect shape and size nose and his skin was a nice shade of light brown.

As we neared each other, he smiled and wrapped his arms around me, crashing my body to his as we hugged. My own arms went around his waist as I inhaled his scent. All thoughts of being late to class disappeared as we stood in that spot, embracing each other.

One of the other boys cleared their throats, making us pull apart.

"Hey mate." He whispered, giving me a smile as we pulled away. I smiled and pulled back, with him wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Oh hey, it's Rose! See you found your mate." Dustin said. Drake growled lowly, his grasp on me tightening slightly. "Woah man, she's all yours." Dustin put his hands in a surrendering position as Mike chuckled.

"Congratz man." He patted Drake on his shoulder and nodded at me. We all separated soon, after me having to convince Drake that I'd be fine without him. 

That was a year ago. When I was 16 and Drake and the guys were 17. Since then Drake and I have been together. I've gotten closer to Dustin and Mike, more than we used to be.

Since they're all 18 now, they have taken their titles. Dustin is now Alpha, Mike is Beta and Drake fought to be Pack Warrior.

Drake and I would have mated but there is a law in our pack that both parties must be over 18 in order for them to mate and be marked. Drake was okay with it but I could see that he was eager.

I dropped out of school because I decided that there was no point if I were to be in a pack. Instead, I was getting trained by the trainers and sometimes Drake.

Dustin found his mate but unfortunately she was human and died in a car accident. Dustin was devastated but he, very very slowly, moved on. An Alpha needed to be strong and ready for anything. He tried not to think about her but I could tell, the days he was quiet were the days he missed her the most.

I opened my eyes and got up slowly. I turned my head to my left and saw Drake sound asleep. Yes, we were allowed to share a room in the pack house. He looked adorable and I decided not to wake him up, seeing as it was Sunday, his day off.