Negotiations

"Are you sure you don't want me to call a doctor or something?" Jet asked, crouching down beside the Beta.

A few minutes had passed and Mike still sat on the floor, his breathing slowing down but still quite rapid. His eyes were shut tightly as his eyebrows were scrunched together.

"No, I should be good." He mumbled, pulling his back off the wall and leaning forward.

"Are you sure sure? I don't think that was good for your health."

"Dude," he opened his eyes and glared at Jet, "let it go, okay?"

Understanding that Mike was mad, Jet huffed and stood up, accepting defeat. "I'll be walking around if you need me." He grumbled, walking out of the room.

Mike sighed as he looked back down at the floor. He grabbed a fistful of his hair and tugged at it, still not believing what his mind was doing to him.

It sounded so real. It sounded as though she were right here, screaming probably after seeing all those needles poking in her skin.

What made it worse was the realisation that flooded over him as he saw her on that bed, in that same exact position. That's when he knew he was going crazy.

"This is messed up." He whispered, getting himself off the floor. "Next I'll see Dustin walking into the room."

He shook his head and took a seat on the chair. Maybe a nap will help him to clear his mind. But the thought of nightmares came into his mind, he guaranteed he would have one.

With a huff, he closed his eyes and hoped for the best.

DUSTIN POV

I stared at his face, trying to figure out what he was thinking. A sadistic smile, that's the only thing I could see. Humour ran through his eyes numerous times along with a little bit of curiosity.

Basically, he looked like a child who just found out where his mother was hiding the cookie jar.

"This is perfect." He finally said, shrugging his shoulders once. "This is absolutely great."

"I swear, if you touch her..." I growled, my hands forming fists.

"You honestly think I would hurt my own sister?"

"Yes." 

He scoffed as he rolled his eyes, "Alphas. Anyone who isn't your kind if suddenly some kind of monster."

I growled, "You attacked my pack, killed many of my people - children included. Anyone would classify you as a monster."

"Oh yes, that too. But my own blood? That's just insane." He sounded offended.

"Then why is this perfect?"

"You can't leave. You have no other option but to sign these papers." His voice was low, as if his words were certain. I stared right back at him, not showing a hint of submission.

"I will only sign it if I get to leave with my mate."

His lip lifted up into a smirk as he leaned back, his eyes darting between his sister and myself. I slowly peeled my eyes off of him and side glanced at my mate.

She was looking down at her shoes, as if she were submitting. I held in a growl. She is a Luna, my mate. She should be holding her head up high with a smile on her face.

"She's not going anywhere." He said, making me glare at him again.

"I'm not signing those papers." I stated, making sure he understood that loud and clear.