Introduction

This story is dedicated to JE and CS who both suffered from child abuse. Please help me raise awareness.

Hey I'm Lily, welcome to my life. It's a sad story, but I hope one day I will live a fairy tail. I live with my stepfather, Mark. My dad died of cancer when I was 12, and my mum well she was killed a couple of months ago in a car crash. So now I live with Mark.

Basically, I live a pretty boring life. It's the last day of summer holidays, but school starts tomorrow. They  are always on my back about talking to Mrs. Geeners their student counsellor. I don't need a counsellor, she smiles weirdly and gives you life cards. Besides, no one can know what really goes on behind the close doors at number 16 Curronda. I don't have any friends at school. Most people avoid me, because their parents tell them to. My hair is all different lengths from times mark has thrown me across the room. Usually I wear a beanie to cover it up, but the girls like to make fun of it. I do pretty bad in school, my teacher wants me to get a tutor, but I don't have the money for that and even if I did I would be too embarrassed. I've gotten used to being alone. Even when my mum was around she was always working or fighting with Mark. He used to beat her, but now he beats me.