You Aren't Going Anywhere

Woke up to my buzzing alarm again. I got ready quickly trying to be quiet as possible. I crept down the stairs listening for Mark. "Where do you think you're going!?" Mark yelled. Lily stood silent. "To school" Lily said quietly. "Ha ha you actually think you're smart enough for that place?" Mark said walking towards her swishing his beer around. Lily remained silent. "You will never leave me you understand?' Mark yelled pushing Lily into the fridge. Lily nodded and picked herself up. "Now clean this mess up" Mark said pointing to his empty bottles on the couch as he got another bear out of the fridge. "Okay" Lily said putting down her bag and getting the bin Mark walked back to his room taking his beer bottle with him. 

After Lily had finished she took her bag upstairs and got out her textbooks to study. Mark was asleep so she could sneak off to school, but it wasn't worth the abuse she would get when she returned home. Lily grabbed her laptop from under her bed and opened it to email school to let them know I was sick. Lily opened up her mailbox and saw a new email. She never got new emails. She opened it up and saw it was from James it said:

Hey Lily,

Hope you don't mind, but Mr Loren gave me your email so I could send you the work from today. We were just working on our projects so I started getting our research together. It's in the document bellow. Hope you are okay and back at school soon :)

From James

Lily replied saying:

Hey James,

Thank you so much I will do some research today. I have a cold, but I should be good by tomorrow. Thanks again.

From Lily

Lily was surprised, whenever she was in an assignment with others she wasn't emailed with the shared load of work, they just let her do it all or they will beat me. Lily emailed her teachers to let them know she was sick. (She was used to lying) She was sent all the homework she missed so she did it until she heard Mark wake up. She had finished all her homework and took a break. She flicked through the photo's on her laptop. These were the only things she had left of her family, the rest Mark had burned down one night while he was wasted. Lily smiled watching her first birthday and her first Christmas. Lily lay her head down and fell asleep imagining she was in those photos with her mum and dad.