0.6 | Laughter And Horror

06 | Laughter And Horror

→ A horror movie called my life

→ Meh, Horror movies make me laugh

━━━

"PWEASE NO prickly dress?" I cried begging, mustering up the best pouty face I could.

"Angel, come on, it's not that bad. It even looks like a butterfly, see?" daddy sighed, almost out of ideas and at the end of his patience line.

But I wouldn't, I couldn't put on that prickly gem filled thing made by the evil queen herself called a dress. The dress was baby pink and had a lace neckline, flowery designs filling the top half with net cloth. Another layer of fabric lay below, the same color pink hiding the proof of the separate cloths. Gems stuck along the fluttery dress near the no sleeved top section. The bottom flowed, puffing out from the nets placed underneath and had dark pink flowers, more visibly designed across the bottom layer of the dress.

But most importantly, it was pokey. Super prickly and pokey and uncomfortable and I refused to put such monstrosity on. 

"Daddy if it's not that bad then why can't you wear it?" I frowned, not understanding why I had to wear that pokiness and daddy was just wearing a simple striped shirt. 

"You want me to wear that?!" Daddy emphasized the 'me', his eyebrows shooting up almost reaching his hairline. I giggled, nodding over excited so my chin hit my neck before looking up at the sky. "Okay, let me try then." And that's what daddy did. He picked up the tiny dress, holding it over his top and tapped his chin, questioningly. 

"Daddy! That looks ri-di-cu-lus!" I screeched, almost doubling over in laughter. 

"Exactly angel! This dress is for little girls and I'm not a little girl am I?" He asks, placing the dress on the bed. 

"I'm a big girl too!" 

"I know you are, angel, this is for big girls too." I think this new piece of information over for a moment.

"Pinky promise?" I ask a minute of thought later. 

Daddy stuck his pinky finger out to me and I latched mine onto his, taking his promise. "Okay daddy! I'll wear it!" 

"Thank you princess," he sighed, content with my answer. I place a sloppy kiss on his cheek and grab the dress from the bed, deciding I would deal with the evil dress just if it would make daddy happy.

━━━

I lay peacefully in my new room, headphones plugged into my phone blasting music into my ears, exhausted from the events of that day. The boys were all at work or their respective sport practices and Eli was the only one home in the mansion. I hadn't heard from him since after the boys left so I assume he's doing his own thing.

Right after entering the mansion after school, I made my way up to the room I would soon learn to call my room. For the first time in forever, I wouldn't have to worry about work or watching over my mother to make sure she didn't break anything.