Forræderi

Jack burst into the courtyard. The sudden sound of the doors had caught the attention of the commoners. He heard guards coming from behind; he had to go. He ran through the crowd, ducking between everyone and trying to keep out of their way. He ripped off the gloves and dropped them, they'd done nothing to help. He wanted everything to do with this town away from him!

He was going to weave his way out of Arendelle where his face would never be seen again, but a man halted him. "Young man, what's the problem?" Didn't his expression say it enough? He couldn't get him to move nor could he weasel past him. Jack had nowhere to go.

"Jack!"

No...

Elsa had made it to the entryway, her parents and some of the guards right behind her. "Elsa, get away, he's dangerous!" Agnarr tried to heave her back inside, but she fought him.

"Wait! Don't–"

"No, no, no! You need to stay away from me! You all need to stay away!" He opened his palm and ice blasted without control. It impaled Elsa just above her chest and was swallowed into her body. She cried out in heavy shock and pain, like her heart was in her throat.

The Queen shouted in despair as Elsa fell to her knees. Agnarr saw his daughter in agony and he looked back up at the creature. "What in Hell are you?" He shrieked.

Jack didn't know himself... He didn't want to know either. He saw Elsa clutching her heart in pain. What had he done? How could he let it get this far? He was a fool. He gave Elsa one last distressed glance before turning to run.

People rushed out of the way as Jack Frost raced out of the gates, having a long, painful journey back to the mountains ahead of him. Everyone was in a frenzy, talking of the 'monster' who tried to kill the Princess. Elsa didn't cry, but she looked at the path in which he'd fled. He really meant it. He really does live up there.

"We need to get you inside!" Iduna tried to help her stand.

"I can't feel my fingers." Elsa trembled. They were interrupted when the wind came tumbling in through the kingdom. It was so unnatural that it had to be some sort of side effect of the boy's powers. But then they heard maniacal laughter from a much deeper voice. Agnarr demanded that the women get inside safe and brought the guards out with him. He watched as a tidal wave of what looked like black sand prepared to engulf Arendelle.

So Jack Frost wasn't the only freak around there. The guards took their swords and prepared to fight it. Only Agnarr saw the tall, dark man on a horse riding the sands, he smiled eerily at the kingdom and unleashed his wrath. Ghouls and other creatures made by the black magic taunted and tormented the people of the kingdom. Their weapons had no effect, it would slice them in two, and they'd stitch themselves back up.

People panicked and tried to defend themselves; some rushed back into their houses but were blocked off by the Night Mares. Agnarr took one of his guard's swords and tried to fight, too stubborn to believe there was no use.

...

Iduna and Gerda rushed Elsa upstairs. The young princess struggled to get a word out as her body shivered all over trying to get warm.

"Run her a hot bath, she's ice-cold! She could freeze!" Iduna ordered.

Gerda went to help undo her hair but Elsa pushed her arm away. "Stop. I'm fine!" She hissed, finally able to breathe properly.

"You're not leaving this castle until it's safe." Iduna said sharply. "Your father's going after him!"

"Mother, no! He's not a monster!" Elsa weakly yelled. "Didn't you see how afraid he was?"