Et Monster

King Agnarr lined a group of his men in the town square—after Pitch's reign, he saw his daughter missing from her room; the ice shavings surrounding the windowsill made him jump to the wrong conclusion. The terrified citizens watched him mount his horse and announce: "My daughter has been kidnapped by those warlocks!" They had swords, crossbows, and revolvers all lined in their sashes, prepared for the worst.

The tawny-haired king looked up at the high snowy mountains that were fogged out by the clouds. "We ride into the mountains, and we will show no mercy. We will not return without the Princess in hand!" Iduna was being comforted by Gerda; she was heartbroken. "Now ride!" And they rode... He didn't care whether he encountered the beast or not... All Agnarr wanted was his daughter back.

"Until we return," the main general called out to Arendelle's knights, "it is your duty that no harm comes to our people!" With that, they fled through the gates.

...

It was the morning after now. Elsa knew there'd be trouble once they saw she was missing, but she also knew that she'd make it back down there faster with her powers than her father's men could make it up the mountain. The moment they found her, they'd interrogate her for Jack's location until she cracked... and she worried if any sort of emotion might make her powers burst. Then what would her father do?

It was a horridly cloudy day, almost like a blizzard would hit. Was it the combined anxiety of the two ice-wielders?

"My father's going to come looking for me, and his guards are always itching for a hunt." She explained. "I don't want anything to happen to you."

"That's why you should go back to Arendelle. I'll take you, but I can't let anyone see me."

"That won't be possible; he'll have people everywhere looking for you!" Her words made sense. Jack tried to think of what was best to do. She suddenly grew angry. "Why would I even want to go back? It's not your magic that's dangerous... it's their own fear! They're the ones that are acting foolish!"

"Maybe." He mused. "But we both know that's not how anyone thinks." His tone became grim. "Elsa, I'd give up these powers in a heartbeat if I could, but it's just not going to happen." It was the most sincere Jack could get with anyone; it was a hard truth he'd learned years ago. "Once you go back and I stay hidden, everything will go back to how it was."

"I don't want everything to go back to how it was! Back to being alone? Being locked in a cage except to be a show pony?" She couldn't even believe he'd suggest such an idea! "I know you don't want to be alone anymore either." She spoke more fervently. "We don't even have to stay here... with our powers, we can go anywhere! We can be anything we want!"

"You've seen what can happen if I lose control!" He shouted to bring her back to earth. Elsa stood in silence. "I can't hurt anyone else, I can't!" His voice echoed against the walls. Elsa heard the pain and realized she'd struck home. Jack looked away, and Elsa couldn't think of what the right thing to say was. "I don't belong with anyone." He uttered without turning around.

Elsa felt the hurt burst in her chest, but she masked it with annoyance; she'd never let anyone see her tears.

"I'll take you home, but after that–"

"Don't worry about it. I know my own way back." Her tone caught him off guard and he looked at her, appalled. Even Elsa was surprised at herself, but her pride wouldn't have it any other way. Without either one saying another word, she trotted down the stairs and then through the front doors. This was how it was going to end? Jack hurried out to the balcony and looked until he saw her shape disappear quickly down the trail. Immediately the hole in his stomach tore open.