Wattpad Original
There are 13 more free parts

1. The Interview From Hell

FAITH

"So what do we have here?" I asked as I picked up the first file. Coincidentally, the first person in line was the same man I met in the elevator. "Carter Pierce," I gritted under my breath.

"He is the son of Christian Pierce. Hiring him will be the best decision," Archer told me. Archer Wood was the man who taught me everything about this business after my father died. He was the only person I listened to, but what he was saying right now was against my ethics.

"I am not giving this job to anyone just because their father owns a multinational company. This will be solely on merit," I commented.

"But, Faith, he called us this morning to grant his son some relaxation. It will give us a bad image if we don't listen to him," Archer argued.

"He called?" I lifted my eyebrow. I hated people like this, who depended on their parents and other people to help them succeed, instead of making it happen on their own. Making up my mind to show him his place, I said, "Let's meet Mr. Pierce then, shall we?"

Saying this, I called for the first interviewee and rested back against my seat. Picking up his file, I assessed his qualifications. For someone who needed his father to secure him a job, he had an impressive resume.

I was busy assessing his resume when the door opened and someone said in a loud voice, "Fuck."

Lifting my head, I watched Carter Pierce staring at me as if he had seen a ghost. A smirk appeared on my lips as I responded, "Fuck indeed, Mr. Pierce."

His face paled all of sudden and drops of sweat appeared on his forehead. Under my calculative gaze, he reached the desk and sat down in front of me. By the look on his face, he would rather be in hell than be here in this room.

"So, Mr. Pierce, give me a reason why I should hire you," I asked, leaning back in my seat.

He put a mask of confidence on his face but I was experienced enough to see right through it. "I am ambitious, hardworking, competitive and..."

"What else?" I asked.

"I have an excellent academic record—"

"So do the rest of candidates," I said sharply.

"I am quick in actions, decisive and..."

"Tell me something you didn't pick off wikiHow?" I said, and another layer of sweat appeared on his face.

"I... Um..."

"Quick. I don't have all day," I said.

He took a deep breath, realizing I wasn't going to let him off the hook that easily. Clearing his throat, he said, "I don't know what to tell you but I do know that I am the best person for this job. I will never let you down and you will be lucky to..."

"Lucky? You think we will be lucky to have you work with us?" I asked and he nodded, his Adam's apple moving up and down.

"I think..."

"You have the nerve to call me a She-Devil, a Mean Queen, Satan and what was the fourth word if I may ask?" I asked.

"L... Lady Hitler," he said and both men sitting beside me gasped.

"Ah, yes. And you had the nerve to ask your father to put in a recommendation for you. You, Mr. Pierce, are a stupid, insubordinate brat and you think we will be lucky to have you?" My voice was rising with every second.

"I... I..."

"Get out," I shouted and his face flushed.

"Faith, calm down," Archer whispered in my ear.