Wattpad Original
There are 11 more free parts

3. My Good For Nothing Secretary

FAITH

The minute I stepped out of the elevator, the whole floor went silent, except one person. My eyes immediately went to Carter who was talking to a blonde girl. With his arm resting on her desk, he was saying something and she was laughing in return.

Rolling my eyes at his behaviour, I slowly reached them and cleared my throat. The girl noticed me and immediately went silent, unlike Carter who was still laughing with his back towards me.

I coughed again and this time, he recognised my presence, judging by the way his body stilled. Slowly, he turned around and faced me, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down.

"Are you done with your chit chat or should I wait?" I asked, assessing his appearance from head to toe. He was wearing a maroon shirt that hugged his muscular torso, and brown pants. His unruly hair was falling over his forehead, giving him a boyish look.

"Sorry," he apologized under his breath and silently followed me as I started walking towards my office.

"You have a meeting with Chloe Fernandez at 12, then you are supposed to be at lunch with Connor Hastings. I have already booked a table at Denzi. All the information you need for the lunch meeting is arranged on your desk. After that, you have a meeting with the board of directors at 6. They are going to discuss the new Seattle project so I have already emailed you all the finance reports and other details," he said all in one breath.

"Okay," I said and stopped at the door of my office.

My eyes reached Carter, who was staring at me like a lost puppy.

"What now?" I glared at him for wasting my time with his stupid expressions.

"I arrived at 6 today, arranged your schedule in a new journal, read out all the files and other important documents in your last secretary's folders," he said, smirking as if he had achieved the impossible.

Cocking my head to the side, I asked, "What do you want me to do? Give you a candy every time you do something you are paid for?" and his smile vanished all of a sudden.

"I don't want candy. I just want you to know that I am not a total lost cause," he stated, smiling once again. No matter how much I tried to ignore it, there was something about his smile; something so innocent yet so masculine.

"That's for me to decide," I said, regaining my composure, and walked inside my office.

Once I seated myself at my desk, I watched a very disappointed Carter standing outside my office with a frown on his forehead. I wouldn't say what I did wasn't entertaining, but other than that, it was actually for his own good. He was handsome, rich, smart and had an excellent academic record; everything is easier for guys that have all these qualities. He could use some humbling, otherwise it wouldn't be long before he became overconfident and messed everything up.

••••••••••

As my car stopped in front of the restaurant, Carter stepped out hurriedly and opened the door for me. Together, we both walked into the restaurant and he rushed to the receptionist to ask for our table.

Leaning against the desk, he flashed his bright smile to the receptionist. Although he was standing away from me, I could hear his voice crystal clear. "We had a reservation by the name of Faith Becker, beautiful. Care to show us our table?"

The woman smiled shyly in return and called a waiter who led us to our table. Once I sat down, I crossed my arms across my chest and threw daggers at him with my eyes.

"What did I do now?" he asked.

"Is that how you talk to girls? That's harassment," I said.

"Believe it or not, girls usually like it." He shrugged.