Wattpad Original
There are 10 more free parts

4. A Crying Mess

CARTER

"We will be leaving in half an hour. You ready?" one of my colleagues asked as I was on my way back to the office from the storage room.

"Yeah, I'm almost done," I told him and walked forwards into my office.

It was my fourth day at work, fourth day of working under Satan. This past week had been a living hell and I was looking forward to the weekend. Tonight, I was supposed to join all the other employees at a club so that I could introduce myself to everyone properly.

Sitting back in my seat, I gave one last look to Monday's schedule so I could reach the office in time. Stretching my arms over my head, I yawned and my eyes inadvertently reached Faith sitting at her desk through the glass window.

She was busy looking at the file in her hand. There was a pencil in between her plump lips stained with dark red lipstick. Her hair was gathered on top of her head in a messy bun and there was a cute frown on her forehead.

Cute? This is the devil we are talking about.

She might be a cruel monster but there was no denying that she was beautiful. Everything about her looks screamed perfection, be it her hourglass figure or her long dark hair; her hazel eyes or the way she smelled.

No. This is the woman who leaves no stone unturned to embarrass you. Remember?

Focusing my attention back to work, I started rearranging the planner when suddenly I heard someone walk into the hallway. Leaving my seat, I rushed outside and stopped the man from entering her office.

"Where do you think you are going, sir? Do you have an appointment?" I asked, extending my arm in front of him to stop him. The man looked like he was in his late twenties. He was tall and broad, with grey eyes that contrasted perfectly against his caramel skin.

"I am Derek," he said in a low voice.

"And I am Rihanna." I rolled my eyes. "Derek who?"

"Listen, she knows who I am. Now let me go," he said and tried to walk but I blocked his way.

"First tell me, do you have an appointment because I am not getting my ass kicked because of you?" I said, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

Before he could speak, the door behind me opened and Faith's voice reached my ears. "Let him in, Carter," she said.

Moving sideways, I watched both of them and the intense exchange of looks between them. Curiosity piqued inside me and I controlled the urge to ask what was going on.

"Come in," she said and he walked inside, casting an annoyed glance towards me.

I walked back to my seat and watched what was going inside her office with my peripheral vision. She probably forgot about the window between both rooms otherwise she would have closed it already.

My eyes lingered on the guy. Who was he? A friend? Brother? Boyfriend? Husband?

They were speaking in hushed tones and the look I saw on Faith's face was one that I had never seen before in my brief time here. She looked gloomy and defeated. Whoever that man was, he had a significant place in Faith's life, judging by her expression.

I tried my best not to look towards her office but soon, the voices started getting louder.

"Just tell me for how long? A year? Two years? I can wait that long," the man said to her.

"There is no time limit here, Derek. That's who I am now. If you can't handle it, there is no point in giving me that ring," she said and handed him a red box.