The Egg

So there I was, a normal Saturday night when BLAM! I hear a noise like an explosion went off in the back yard. "MOM! DAD!" I say worryingly. "There was an explosion outside quick!" We all run outside to the shack where the explosion had been, but it had not been an explosion at all. In fact it was an egg, an enormous egg. "Wow" My mother said. "What is it?" My little sister said. "Its an enormous egg!" My father said excitingly. It was a beautiful pearl white egg about a foot and a half high and a foot wide. I went up to it and picked it up, "DON'T TOUCH IT!!!" My mother said "It's probably cracked and covered with mud and disgusting germs!!". "Mom relax, its not cracked and it looks perfectly fine". I took the egg in my hands and brought it inside. I made a little nest in my room out of towels and put a heater next to it. "Dad will it hatch?" My little sister asked. "I don't know Jessica." My father replied. For the next few days I sat with it making sure it was okay. The only people who knew where me, My father, My mother, and my sister. I had an urge to let someone know but who? I called up my friend john and told him to come over ASAP. When John got to my house he looked annoyed "What am I doing here Carry?". "I want to show you something! I have had it for a while now and no one knows but my family, I want you to know too." He got off his bike and came inside "Okay Carry what did you want to show me?" he said a little more happily. "This" I said gesturing to the egg. His smile wiped off his face "An egg? Really I come all the way over here for an egg?!" He was starting to get mad I could tell, he was getting louder as he spoke getting to a shout. "It's not just an egg!!!" I shouted before he would start yelling at me. He started to look confused, "What do you mean its not just an egg?" He stood there with a puzzled then he smiled "Does it have powers?" He said sarcasticly to me, then laughing to his own joke. "No John, it doesn't have powers. Just listen to me for a second!" I said grabbing him and leading us out of the room to the back yard. "Look at this, this is where the egg landed when we found it." I said pointing to the broken shack. "Yeah Okay, Is this some sort of prank did you and the cheer team put this together just to make me look stupid? Do you really think Im that dumb?" He yelled at me and stormed off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I hope you liked the first chapter of my book. I don't know if this will be an ongoing series or not but please comment and favorite my book!