Part four

“Where are we going?” Aria asked Cherie as they sneaked around the corner.

            “Ssshh! keep your voice down.”

            Though confused, Aria followed her down the hallways. She just remembered what happened earlier. Cherie sneaked to her room, woke and told her to stay quiet. She untied a bundle which Rohan gave this afternoon at the garden, it was a dress.

            Aria was astonished when Cherie wore the clothes Rohan gave.

”You’re so beautiful!” she exclaimed.

            The princess is wearing a pink elbow-length sleeve blouse over a yellow knee-length dress with spike-like hem, fastened by round buttons at the front and a white ribbon was tied at the upper torso.

            Aria also wears a dress that Rohan gave to Cherie. She wears a long light-blue dress with white long sleeves, over that dress is a sleeveless half-length shirt fastened with dark-blue ribbon at the front, matching a black short flowing skirt in a stringed belt.

            “You’re really a princess!”

            “Huh? Aria?” Cherie gave her a what-look “What’s wrong?”

            “Nothing…its just… I still can’t believe that my bestfriend is a princess…a very kind-hearted and beautiful princess…while I’m just an ordi...”

Cherie suddenly hugged her. “Princess or an ordinary girl…it doesn’t matter. I am what I am…and you are what you are.”

            “You’re right! It doesn’t matter.” Aria agreed; then they left the room and sneaked to the hallways.

             Rohan is waiting at the fountain; he was also dressed-up. He wore a midnight blue, long sleeves shirt buttoned up to the neck and brown trouser. He was very cautious; there’s a possibility that the ladies will get caught by the Royal Guards on their way and if that happens; he will get caught…too. He heard rustling of leaves and breaking twigs, he alerts himself. It was them. He greeted them as they approached to him.

            “You look great!” he shyly said to Aria, whom blushed at his comment “And My Lady was beautiful…as always” he bowed.

He picked a bundle under a tree and untied the knot, it was cloaks with hood.

            “Please wear it…its cold” he handed it to Aria and Cherie.

            Rohan lead the way out the garden, passed a small tunnel hidden in huge bushes that end in a town’s alley. The young ladies were stunned, they never gone far beyond the palace’s wall. Cherie trembled; Aria felt her tension, hold her hand and assured her that she will be just fine.

            They sneaked to the town square. Rohan knew the way and choose the paths were people don’t usually go. It was also very late at night; people are mostly at homes and having a rest. Cherie is getting thrill by their escapade. Rohan slowed his pace at a corner’s edge were a crowd was gathering.

            “Sorry folks! The place is already crowded!” a tall huge old man shouted to the people that want to enter the underground tavern. Rohan went straight ahead, holding Aria’s hand whom was holding Cherie’s hand too. The three forced themselves forward till they’re in the front.

            “You’re late!” the old man approached Rohan.

            “Sorry!”