Part Eight

Aria was awakened; she thought she heard an explosion. But when she opened her eyes, it’s the cell that she saw. It is cold and the only light is coming from the sunlight at the small window at the upper wall. She wonders how Cherie is doing now. She misses her so much. She heard an explosion, then a second…this time she is sure that it’s not just her imagination. Where did it come from? She asked herself. She heard another explosions and shouts.

“Aria” a familiar gentle voice calls her name. She thinks she is imagining things but when she look at the bars, someone is standing there…it is HIM.

“Rohan!” she exclaim, she run to the bars and approach him.

“Aria…I’m sorry.” He apologize, he is too shy to look straight to her eyes….too guilty.

“Why sorry? Its not your fault.”

“I put you in this mess.” He told her. Aria shakes her head. He search a key from his trouser’s pocket, inserts it to the key hole and opens the bar.

Aria embrace him when the bar opened, it made him surprised. He can feel her body trembling; he did embrace and comfort her.

“Cherie…she’s with you? Isn’t it?” she looks at him, hoping for a positive answer. Rohan didn’t disappoint her. “I know it!” she smiled again.

They heard a very loud explosion, debris fell. Rohan covers Aria with his body.

“Let’s get out of here!” he said.

 Faust didn’t know that he secretly went with the group to the palace. He must be out of here before Faust found out that he was in the palace.

It was very bright outside the prison cell that it hurts Aria’s eyes. The place is foggy because of the smokes and people are running and shouting here and there. Soldiers and the Outcast rebels are fighting. A stray arrow pass in Aria’s head, Rohan grab her hand and run. On their way, they see and pass dead bodies lying on the ground, it almost makes Aria vomit.

“Where are we going?” Aria asks, catching her breath.

“It’s dangerous for you to be here.”

They stopped and have a little rest at the fountain. They are startle when they hear dry twigs cracking from the other side of the fountain and Cherie show up. The two embraced each other tightly.

“What happened to you?” Cherie look at her bestfriend’s greasy and dirty, and appearance. She still wears the dress she wore on the ball.

“I’m so happy that you’re safe.” Aria said.

“Come. Let’s go!” Rohan interrupt, hold and pull Aria’s hand but Cherie embraces her tightly, didn’t let her go. Aria got confused, they’re acting very strange. “My Lady. Let her go…please.”

The ‘addressing her with formality,’ struck the princess. She gently released Aria. He was right, she should let her go and escape the palace with Rohan. He already told her about the plan and Aria’s false accusation. She remembered what her father said before ‘if she gets you in trouble, there is no forgiveness’, so when Rohan bargained, she agreed. He will bring her back to the palace in exchange to Aria. She will do anything for her bestfriend’s safety, she was afraid that his father and brother had done something bad to her.  

“Let’s go Aria. It’s dangerous for you to be here.”

“It goes for you as well!” They are all startled when Kliff suddenly showed up, gently pulls his sword from the sheath.

“Brother let them go!” Cherie begged.

“I don’t think so. This is beyond my authority…. my dear sister.”  He said sarcastically. “Intruding the palace and kidnapping the princess. Such a coward!” he grins “You Outcast are really disgusting!”