Part 4

Ella let Reagen drag her across the hospitals parking lot.

"Wait," Ella stopped and pulled her hand out of Reagens, "why'd you come to the hospital?"

"Ooooh yeah," Reagen turned around to face Ella, "I came here to say thank you for protecting me back at the school. I also brought you here."

"Well then....you're welcome and thank you"

"No problemo"

Reagen turned around and started walking again, Ella smiled and shook her head before following her.

One minute later they walked up to an old pick up truck, it had rust towards the edges and it was covered in a thin layer or dirt.

"Well here she is, my pride and joy!"

Ella chuckled, "She?"

"Yup, her name is Shelia."

Ella broke out into a fit of laughter.

Reagen stared at her, pouting "what?"

Ella tired to calm her breathing, "Nothing, its just cute that you named your truck."

Reagens cheeked started to turn pink, she coughed and muttered a thanks before finally unlocking the doors and climbing into the cab of the truck. Ella quickly followed suit.

"So where to?"

"Its just outside of town, off of 79th"

"Wow," Reagen started the truck and pulled out of the parking lot, "when you said you live in the middle of nowhere you really meant it."

Ella scratched the back of her head, "yeah"

"I didn't even know there were houses out there. I thought it was all just forest."

"No, there are a few houses. Most are falling apart though."

"Huh, alrighty then."

"Yup"

Reagen glanced at Ella, "youre not use to talking, are you?"

"Never had anyone to talk to before."

Reagen stooped at a red light and look at Ella, "Not even family?"

Ella looked down at her lap, "...no..."

"Oh," Reagen look back to the road and continued to drive, "uh, I'm sorry if I brought back any bad memories"

Ella raised her head and smiled, "No its fine, I'm actually glad I don't have any family."

"Really?"

She nodded, "yup"

After a few moments of silence Reagen spoke, "soo...what's it like?"

"What?"

"Living on your own."

"Oh...well its quiet..."

"Just quiet?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

Reagen glanced at Ella and noticed almost immediately the tired loom the older girl wore, "you can take a nap if you want."

"Nah, I'm ok"

She sighed, "you also clearly have trust issues."

Ella turned her head to look out the window.

Reagen sighed again, "Alright alright, touchy subject. Just please, get some sleep. I'll wake you up if I need directions."

Ella smiled, watching the trees speed by, "If you insist."

It didn't take long for Ella's eyelids to drift closed.

Reagen glanced at her companion. Ella's breathing had evened out and her eyes were shut.

"Goodnight Ella."