It was a better idea

It was a better idea to love you
till you didn't feel embarrassed of me,
till you didn't think of me as a failure,
till you didn't make mockery of my dreams.
till you didn't call my writings 'stupid'
and till you didn't become my heart breaker.

It was a better idea to love you
till you didn't leave me in darkness
even after knowing that I'm scared of it.
Till you didn't start saying NO for the long walks near the India gate and till you didn't start to hide things.

It was a better idea to love you
till you didn't start to lie to me saying
you are busy on weekends, so that you
won't have to read the stories I wrote that day. But darling! I often found you in a bar with a new girl every weekend.

It was a better idea to love you till you didn't become a playboy.

Anyways, thanks to you that I got to know my worth and now I think that It will be a better idea to love myself cause' I'll not be having someone who would insult me and my dreams or Someone who would think of me as a failure.

It will be a better idea to love myself cause' I'll not have kill my happiness for someone else,
I'll not have to read those boring sci-fi books in library because someone
thinks that romantic novels are shit.

It will be a better idea to love myself cause' I'll be the queen of my kingdom,
I'll be able to go to hill stations without caring about someone's asthma.
I'll be a free bird dwelling upon its dreams.

It will be a better idea to love myself cause' I'll not have to share my pizza with anyone while binge watching Harry Potter at 2 am.
I'll not have to attend boring business parties but can just sit at home and write new stories.
I'll not have to find my boyfriend in a club with a new girl every weekend.

It will be a better idea to love myself cause' I can be my true self with me
and oh boy! I will not have to care about that someone.

Sam.