Chapter 35

Third Person POV

[January 21,2046, Shelter B 06-32]

A man entered the shelter and sighed heavily as he returned from his journey outside. He reminisced his memories inside the Shelter with his family. He chuckled bitterly and grabbed a pistol. He cocked the safety and aimed it on the side of his head when a hand touched his wrist. This caused him to jerk and points the gun to whoever touched him. But what he saw shocked him.

A girl with brown locks wearing the traumatizing white uniform is smiling at him.

"Who are ya?" He asked harshly as looked at her questionably. He looked around as he tried to find where and how she entered. "How'd ya get in 'ere?"

"My name is Sunshine! Nice to meet you, Yugo!" Sunshine beamed brightly but the man named Yugo is unfazed. Instead, he tightened his grip on the pistol.

"How the heck did you enter?" Yugo asked. Sunshine shrugged her shoulders before looking at the entrance of the Shelter.

"Take care of them for me, will ya?" Sunshine said as she started to fade away. Yugo looked at her and back at the entrance before looking at her with an even more confused gaze.

"Wait who-" Just then, the main entrance to the Shelter opened, making him immediately go to the Monitor Room. He saw a group of children with tattoos on their neck walking along the hallway, making an awed expression as they search inside the Shelter.

"Tch." Yugo was about to walk out and kill them when he remembered what Sunshine had said.

'Take care of them for me, will ya?'

Yugo heaved a sigh before having an idea to give them quite a show. He scrambled inside, purposely making some noise to attract them before settling down on the chair with his feet propped up and a broken tea cup raised in his hand. He closed his eyes and waited for the kids to enter.

Soon, the kids entered the Room. They are stunned at the sight of a grown man sitting ungracefully on the chair. Yugo opened his eyes and plucked one of the biscuits on the table. He made eye contact with everyone before speaking.

"Hi there." Yugo said as he placed his elbow behind him. "You've come a long way. Congrats. . . and welcome to Shelter B 06-32." He said as he munched unceremoniously his cookies. The kids looked at him with disgusted face.

'Weird guy.'

'Disappointing.'

'His. . . His manners are just terrible!'

The kids didn't say something to not ruin the atmosphere. Emma stepped up bravely. "Are you Minerva?" Yugo looked at her.

"Nope." He said bluntly. The kids looked shocked except for Ray who stared at him suspiciously. "Too bad for you kids. I'm not William Minerva." He said. He subconsciously thought of the girl named Sunshine.

'Well, let me see the toughness of these kids before offering my services.'

"Then please call him. We came all the way here in order to meet Minerva." Ray said politely, though he really wanted to lash out to him and points out his excuse of a 'manner'. Yugo rolled his eyes before munching loudly at his cookie.

"He ain't here, chum!" He said with his mouth full. Emma and the others looked even more shocked at what Yugo said. Yugo swallowed his cookie before pointing out to them. "What a shame, huh? No Minerva's around here, at all." He said as he grabbed another cookie.